Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So who won the Triple Crown then?

ReputationRep:
    Ireland!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    So who won the Triple Crown then?
    Ireland. But what is the Triple Crown? Is it the team out of England, Wales and Ireland who comes top of the Six Nations championship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Ireland. But what is the Triple Crown? Is it the team out of England, Wales and Ireland who comes top of the Six Nations championship?
    I was about to ask exactly the same question. I though maybe it was like the Calcutta Cup which is whoever wins the England/Scotland match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    The Triple Crown can only be won by an undefeated country within the 'home countries' i.e. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Ireland won all their games against the other three and consequently got the Triple Crown.

If not country had beaten all of the others the 'Crown' could not be awarded.

(Incidentally, Trinity College Dublin has the honour of having the oldest Rugby team - over 150 old)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I was about to ask exactly the same question. I though maybe it was like the Calcutta Cup which is whoever wins the England/Scotland match
    ive always wondered y the hell they call it the calcutta cup. what has calcutta got n e thing to do with rugby ??!!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.