Ireland!!!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
So who won the Triple Crown then?
Ireland. But what is the Triple Crown? Is it the team out of England, Wales and Ireland who comes top of the Six Nations championship?
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Ireland. But what is the Triple Crown? Is it the team out of England, Wales and Ireland who comes top of the Six Nations championship?
I was about to ask exactly the same question. I though maybe it was like the Calcutta Cup which is whoever wins the England/Scotland match
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
The Triple Crown can only be won by an undefeated country within the 'home countries' i.e. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Ireland won all their games against the other three and consequently got the Triple Crown.

If not country had beaten all of the others the 'Crown' could not be awarded.

(Incidentally, Trinity College Dublin has the honour of having the oldest Rugby team - over 150 old)
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I was about to ask exactly the same question. I though maybe it was like the Calcutta Cup which is whoever wins the England/Scotland match
ive always wondered y the hell they call it the calcutta cup. what has calcutta got n e thing to do with rugby ??!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (117)
55.19%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
8.96%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.72%

Watched Threads