The Student Room Group

Customer Service Representative - EE everything everywhere

I have recently had an over the phone interview (more like a friendly chat really but..) and I have my assessment at EE in Merthyr Tydfil tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has any information for me?
I know i will be doing role play at first, and i'm assuming they are going to pretend to be a customer over the phone. Does anyone have any tips and advice on this?
The person over the phone then said i'd be doing a presentation and then a call listening exercise. I have noticed people have done a slide show or video of themselves for the Sales Advisor position but I have not heard of anyone preparing a presentation before they go for the role I am applying for.
The person who called did not say I needed to prepare one, he just said 'you will be doing a presentation then finish it off with a call listening exercise'. I am so confused! Please help and also if anyone has any tips on interview questions for EE etc I would be awful appreciative of this. Thank you.

{I have done lots of research on the company's ethos and the business itself, telecoms sector, phone information (e.g price plan, new phones), internet/broadband (including 4GEE and fibre) and also employees/customers opinions on EE, I am pretty prepared but any guidance would be amazing}

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Carlijenkins95
I have recently had an over the phone interview (more like a friendly chat really but..) and I have my assessment at EE in Merthyr Tydfil tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has any information for me?
I know i will be doing role play at first, and i'm assuming they are going to pretend to be a customer over the phone. Does anyone have any tips and advice on this?
The person over the phone then said i'd be doing a presentation and then a call listening exercise. I have noticed people have done a slide show or video of themselves for the Sales Advisor position but I have not heard of anyone preparing a presentation before they go for the role I am applying for.
The person who called did not say I needed to prepare one, he just said 'you will be doing a presentation then finish it off with a call listening exercise'. I am so confused! Please help and also if anyone has any tips on interview questions for EE etc I would be awful appreciative of this. Thank you.

{I have done lots of research on the company's ethos and the business itself, telecoms sector, phone information (e.g price plan, new phones), internet/broadband (including 4GEE and fibre) and also employees/customers opinions on EE, I am pretty prepared but any guidance would be amazing}

How did it go?

What did they ask you and what presentation did you do in the end? I got one next Wednesday and I'm really nervous:confused:
Reply 2
I also have an interview with EE for a customer advisor position, I was also told that I will need to give a 5 minute pressentation. I was just wondering if you were given the use of a computer to display a presentation or if it was more low tech. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck to every one.
Reply 3
Original post by sundial040
How did it go?

What did they ask you and what presentation did you do in the end? I got one next Wednesday and I'm really nervous:confused:

I'm very undecided! I'm not sure if it went well or bad! I did everything I could to prepare and once the questions were given to me I just froze! I knew the answers I just couldn't find the right way to say it:frown::frown: Just have to cross my fingers.

We get split up into two groups one group gets the site tour and then we got to listen to actual calls (you don't have to do anything here, but I just asked the representative questions about his job/how the computer works etc) and then the other group does the following:

They give you 10 minutes to prepare for the role play.
They give you another 10 minutes then to prepare for the presentation.

I found the day as a whole; enjoyable, challenging, a great insight into the job role and I would love to work here (they literally treat another as a big family)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
OH! and good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by salls13
I also have an interview with EE for a customer advisor position, I was also told that I will need to give a 5 minute pressentation. I was just wondering if you were given the use of a computer to display a presentation or if it was more low tech. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck to every one.

I have no idea for the customer advisor position i'm sorry.:frown: That's what i was getting confused with myself. I wasn't sure for the representative role if you had to prepare one because i'd seen people on youtube etc had prepared one. I did my presentation on a white A2 piece of paper (i think that's right, im not an arty type haha). But they never told me over the phone to prepare one. Unless they told you maybe it's fine? I'm really not sure, i'm sorry! But good luck!:smile:
Reply 6
Sorry my mistake I got the name of the possition wrong I meant the customer service rep. Thank you for the information. They told me pretty much the same as you that I will be doing a 5 minute presentation but that was about it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by salls13
Sorry my mistake I got the name of the possition wrong I meant the customer service rep. Thank you for the information. They told me pretty much the same as you that I will be doing a 5 minute presentation but that was about it.

Haha it's okay! I did write in depth what we did but it breached the interview discussion rules. I was only limited to the information I'd posted. You would have an "Unfair advantage" over other applicants. I tried to help haha sorry! But literally all I would say is brush up on the company's ethos (know the ins and outs of the company, like customer/roles etc information- this will help you ALOT). Your presentation has not got to be a huge thing. I basically wrote bullet point and elaborated on them.

BTW I had a call back today and I start training a week Monday! Really surprised I thought I did awful. Seriously you can surprise yourself a lot!
Reply 8
I'm very undecided! I'm not sure if it went well or bad! I did everything I could to prepare and once the questions were given to me I just froze! I knew the answers I just couldn't find the right way to say it:frown::frown: Just have to cross my fingers.

We get split up into two groups one group gets the site tour and then we got to listen to actual calls (you don't have to do anything here, but I just asked the representative questions about his job/how the computer works etc) and then the other group does the following:

They give you 10 minutes to prepare for the role play.
They give you another 10 minutes then to prepare for the presentation.

I found the day as a whole; enjoyable, challenging, a great insight into the job role and I would love to work here (they literally treat another as a big family)

Thank you, another question when you presented the presentation did you do it in front of the whole group or just the employers!
Reply 9
Haha I just seen your reply well done! X
Thank you, another question when you presented the presentation did you do it in front of the whole group or just the employers!

Nope it was me and two employees :biggrin: I had two women, a blonde and a brunette and they were lovely! Don't be afraid to ask questions and if you don't know anything such as the role play section don't hesitate to say you don't know!
Haha I just seen your reply well done! X

oh thank you haha!x
Reply 12
Original post by salls13

How did it go for you? I think I messed up big time :frown: was there for four hours. what day did you have yours on?
How did it go for you? I think I messed up big time :frown: was there for four hours. what day did you have yours on?

Calm down! I bet you have done very well! Best of luck and fingers crossed for you!
What happened? -Also, I thought I was screwed mind and wasn't :biggrin: think positively! :biggrin:
Reply 14
I also got the job and start onnthe 28th.
Reply 15
Calm down! I bet you have done very well! Best of luck and fingers crossed for you!
What happened? -Also, I thought I was screwed mind and wasn't :biggrin: think positively! :biggrin:

Too many pauses, too many mistakes on role play I didn't make sense was mumbling and stuttering :frown: Argh!
Reply 16
Original post by salls13

Congrats x well done x
Are you both applying for the one in Merthyr Tydfil? If so, we may all be on the same team/area! Haha exciting.
Too many pauses, too many mistakes on role play I didn't make sense was mumbling and stuttering :frown: Argh!

I paused a lot and at one point I said 'oh god, how was that?' I hadn't even hung up the metaphorical phone haha! I kept saying 'was that okay..' ..'that's about it really' ..'I don't know what to say.. Oh god.. Umm..' Hope you the best!
Original post by salls13

Thats awesome! Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending