The Student Room Group

RCSI or University of Groningen for medicine

Hello,

I'm from the middle east and I got two offers to study medicine. One is in RCSI-MUB ( Royal college of surgeons in Ireland based in Bharain) and the other one is in the University of Groningen in Netherlands. I'm really confused where to go and until now I did not take any decisions. I'm a fully sponsored student. The RCSI-MUB accepted me in the Pre-med course ( 6 years medicine) and Groningenaccepted me for the pre-med also ( 7 years medicine). Can you advice me where to go and give me the reasons?

Thank you
Original post by Dr.Dexter
Hello,

I'm from the middle east and I got two offers to study medicine. One is in RCSI-MUB ( Royal college of surgeons in Ireland based in Bharain) and the other one is in the University of Groningen in Netherlands. I'm really confused where to go and until now I did not take any decisions. I'm a fully sponsored student. The RCSI-MUB accepted me in the Pre-med course ( 6 years medicine) and Groningenaccepted me for the pre-med also ( 7 years medicine). Can you advice me where to go and give me the reasons?

Thank you

Well, I go to RCSI.

RCSI has a good International reputation.

The Bahrain Campus ( I have heard from friends) is actually a fairly new build and is pretty good. However, they charge ridiculous fees.

Having said that.......if you study in the Netherlands....it is a lot easier to work in Europe after.

I cannot think of anything else that would be an advantage to study in Europe. The reality is that you can study Medicine in a lot of places and still get fairly far.

Quick Reply

Latest