The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel C1 & C2 June 2014 Thread

Thread for discussion related to Edexcel June 2014 C1 & C2 exams. Post revision tips, questions, help and share resources. Any advice from A2 students is welcomed and appreciated :smile:

C1 Exam - May 19th 2014
C2 Exam - May 22nd 2014

Some great resources:

Exam Solutions

Maths247
Past Papers
Khan Academy
The A Level Maths Thread
Specification

Best of luck!!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My top advice for C1 - use fractions rather than decimals. Much easier to square, cube etc. Practise your general fraction arithmetic - it will prove useful.

Also, I think these two exams may be the most popular single A-level exams in the UK. Mathematics is the most common A-level subject and Edexcel are the most popular exam board for maths. C1 and C2 are required parts of AS-level maths. Everyone who does A2 maths must have also done C1 and C2, and you will get resitters from the A2 year, plus you get a few year 11 students sitting C1 early.

Therefore, at 9am on Monday 19th May, you will have the most students in the UK sitting the exact same exam at the same time.

Just bear that in mind when doing these core AS-level exams.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Just started A Level Maths a few weeks ago. I think it's going good, done quadratic functions and now just moving on to indices in C1. I can feel that its getting harder...

For revision and learning stuff I dont understand, I just go on ExamSolutions, Khan Academy or any other videos to help me.
Reply 3
Original post by Dylann
Good luck! It's 19th May and 6th June right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep: had to jump of laptop for a bit, will update now :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Fade
Just started A Level Maths a few weeks ago. I think it's going good, done quadratic functions and now just moving on to indices in C1. I can feel that its getting harder...

For revision and learning stuff I dont understand, I just go on ExamSolutions, Khan Academy or any other videos to help me.

:smile: You'l get two new concepts soon, differentiation and integration - they're quite interesting :biggrin:
will update khan academy
Reply 5
Original post by Gilo98
:smile: You'l get two new concepts soon, differentiation and integration - they're quite interesting :biggrin:
will update khan academy

Are you in AS year or A2?
Reply 6
Original post by Fade
Are you in AS year or A2?

AS but im a private candidate so started arouns summer holidays ish. Nearly finished c2 now :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Gilo98
will update khan academy

I can't wait for differentiation and integration. Did them in additional maths :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Dylann
I can't wait for differentiation and integration. Did them in additional maths :biggrin:

Nice, although i hate c1 sequences and series!! Its so laborious!
Reply 9
Original post by Gilo98

What topic number is that? I'm just beginning Coordinate Geometry which is topic 5 :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Dylann
What topic number is that? I'm just beginning Coordinate Geometry which is topic 5 :smile:

Not sure about topic numbers but its in there :biggrin: You've probably done it in a different order to me, i did sequences and series before coordinate geometry :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Gilo98

You'll have geometric sequences in F2f but they're quite a bit better anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by rcmehta
You'll have geometric sequences in F2f but they're quite a bit better anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Done them!! So much effort! :biggrin:
Hi, I just started AS Maths and I'm on Sketching Curves. I'm a little stuck as I can't figure out the directions of the cubic curves. Can Someone please help me.
:confused::confused::confused:
Reply 14
Original post by Maria Daniels
Hi, I just started AS Maths and I'm on Sketching Curves. I'm a little stuck as I can't figure out the directions of the cubic curves. Can Someone please help me.
:confused::confused::confused:

when sketching cubics, i set x=0 and find y intercept. If its not straightforward to solve for y=0, you can kind of guess it with a decent understanding of basic cubics, like y=x^3, y=-x^3 etc..:smile:
Reply 15
How much revision should I do? Our class has only done half of C1 and I feel like we are going too slow, how hard is C2 compared to C1?
Original post by Gilo98
when sketching cubics, i set x=0 and find y intercept. If its not straightforward to solve for y=0, you can kind of guess it with a decent understanding of basic cubics, like y=x^3, y=-x^3 etc..:smile:

Thanks alot. Really helped alot!:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Maria Daniels
Thanks alot. Really helped alot!:smile:

No problem :h:
Reply 18
When is the S1 exam?
Reply 19
Original post by Super199
When is the S1 exam?

10th June :smile:

Quick Reply