The Student Room Group

Is Computer Science too competitive for my qualifications

I am thinking about leaving sixth form because I am not enjoying it and might fail in the subject that are irrelevant to a computer science degree. My aim is too study a computer science degree in a RUSSELL GROUP uni and I am considering study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (Software Development) aiming to get a minimum of DDD though I would like D*'s. I am also going to study A Level Maths as a private candidate, to improve my chances of going to a russell group uni. I have checked the requirements and most uni's are ok with the qualification (as long as they have A Level Maths)

My question is, is a Computer Science too competitive for my qualifications, as in are there too many A Level students applying and will go ahead of me. Thats what im worried about, whether there is too many A Level appliciants winning there places over me
Reply 1
Original post by ojusrane
I am thinking about leaving sixth form because I am not enjoying it and might fail in the subject that are irrelevant to a computer science degree. My aim is too study a computer science degree in a RUSSELL GROUP uni and I am considering study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (Software Development) aiming to get a minimum of DDD though I would like D*'s. I am also going to study A Level Maths as a private candidate, to improve my chances of going to a russell group uni. I have checked the requirements and most uni's are ok with the qualification (as long as they have A Level Maths)

My question is, is a Computer Science too competitive for my qualifications, as in are there too many A Level students applying and will go ahead of me. Thats what im worried about, whether there is too many A Level appliciants winning there places over me

I have sent you a message regarding this.

Hi,
I'm in the same situation, but I'm also doing Computing AS. From what I've seen they don't seem to mind as long as you can get an A in A2 maths if you intend to go to a Russel group uni. However, I'm also putting one on that doesn't require maths as a back up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending