The Student Room Group

Writing and Balancing Equations

what is the equation for aqueous sodium carbonate with aqueous iron III chloride to form solid copper II carbonate and aqueous sodium chloride
Original post by jaxonneil12
what is the equation for aqueous sodium carbonate with aqueous iron III chloride to form solid copper II carbonate and aqueous sodium chloride

That reaction doesn't make sense - I think you have iron and copper confused, as one can't transform into the other during a reaction :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Haha. I copied it down wrong. Here is the correct question:

what is the balanced chemical equation of aqueous sodium carbonate with aqueous copper II chloride to form solid copper II carbonate and aqueous sodium chloride

what is the balanced chemical equation of aqueous sodium carbonate with aqueous copper II chloride to form solid copper II carbonate and aqueous sodium chloride

Okay, this is a simple displacement reaction. :smile:

First of all, do you know the chemical formula of each of the compounds?
Reply 4

Its told you all the reactants and products in the question. Its just a case of simply writing them down in their formulas and balancing them. If you need help with balancing them quote me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest