Vaginal burning / No STDs or other infec. / Possibly Vulvodynia...HELP!

Watch
tinkerbelle2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I can't remember her surname! I think it began with P???

I'll inbox you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Claire Shaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi
I've had this for many years until I started using a baby nappy cream called Bepanthen. My life has changes massively!!!! I don't know how it works but it does. You get it in all pharmacies. Give it a try as I also saw many doctors who couldn't do a thing. I really hope it works for you.
lisam191
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I get this feeling if i have sex more than 4 or 5 times a week. Oh god the pain. Ouch.
Nazray
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am exactly the same! Doctors have now said that I have an infected cyst..but it still doesn't help the fact that I'm still very itchy down below and sore with a throbing pain. Iv read somewhere that all these are signs of vulva cancer but don't know whether to mention it to the doctor or not. Anyway they have given me a cream called dermol to use in the shower and hydrocortisone to apply.. I'm too cared to use it in case it makes it worse!!
Jollyholly1967
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I want to join this but have tried to register several times and I am having a problem.Please let me know what I am doing wrong.I can't gain access
Hale57
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It s happening because of dry vaginal .i got same pronlem.you need hormones check. And u can use bepanthen nappy care ointment
Mellybells1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you tell me which make of slippery elm powder you’ve used with success. I’m so worried about putting anything internally that will cause more problems. Many thanks.
alliecat99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know this is a few years late, but I've been trying to find a forum to share this with. I experienced a similar issue and tried everything I could think of. Gynaes kept telling me I had UTIs or yeast infections - even when they couldn't find any evidence of them through tests. I took many rounds of UTI and yeast infection meds and creams, stopped wearing leggings, cut out sugary foods, drank a lot of cranberry juice, and more. Nothing worked. Then I went to my allergist. I happen to have rather bad allergies, so I wanted to go to him anyways to get tested for new allergies, and decided to ask about my vaginal issues. He said it is completely possible for allergies to manifest themselves down there, as the vulva is a mucous membrane. After a strict course of allergy meds (and changing my toilet paper as well), I started to get a lot better! I still get occasional pain when I have a bad allergic reaction, but it's been much better overall.I've been on countless forums where women couldn't find a solution to their chronic vaginal/vulvular pain and I wanted to share this with people because I think it's possible more women are having an allergic reaction down there and not realizing it. I imagine you do not even need bad allergies, like me, to suffer from this. I've read articles where women with no previous allergies had this issue!Hope this helps someone out.
Chloe0022
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Lucyj1991)
Do you know the surname of Lucy?

I know it's so annoying not knowing what it is, there should just be some kind of test and some kind of fix!! It's ridiculous.

Yeah dr Derrick said I was that dermo graphic thing too, she also said mine was mostly provoked but I think she's wrong because I do get unprovoked as well. My gp has just given me lidocaine and amyttiptiline - lidocaine is rubbish and I've tried meds before so I'm not holding out much hope! I just need some kind of miracle cure! Are you just not doing anything at the moment then?
(Original post by tinkerbelle2)
Hey guys, i've posted on several health forums but haven't had any feedback. This a bit of an embarassing condition! It is a bit of an essay so bear with! Apologies for being graphic ...

I first started having what can best be described as a burning feeling just inside my vaginal opening and the vestibule at 17. I am now 21.

I don't remember any obvious trigger but in that year i began the contraceptive pill (Yasmin I think? ) , Had thrush for the first time and Had cystitis/urine infection. I also lost my virginity that year but the irritation had already begun.

I don't know if any of those things or the combination of them could have contributed to the offset of vulvodynia.

(If you aren't familiar with vulvodynia, it is a chronic burning feeling in or/and around the vulva and vagina with no infection or obvious cause present. It can be constant or triggered)

One gyneacologist wasn't 100% sure that's what it was but my GP thinks it is. I think it is because it describes all my symptoms.

Something must have disrupted my vagina because I was perfectly fine before. I didn't change my diet or start doing anything differently and any infections I had were treated and any irritation or pain had been cleared up which is why it is so strange. Now having a pain-free vagina that I used to take for granted seems a luxury!

I finally sought help after suffering in silence and got referred for a gyno appt. I thought they were the experts and were bound to sort me out, but no! Turns out not many people know about this condition.

I have always been careful when it comes to sex so I wasn't surprised that when I've been tested for every STD under the sun several times, had blood tests etc. everything comes back fine. When the sexual health nurses and my G.P examined me they always thought everything looked normal and health except one time they said it looked a little red and 'angry'. There is no unusual discharge or smell (Ew!)

I was prescribed Gabapentin but it did little or nothing to alleviate the pain. I took it for about 6 weeks but had to stop as it was giving me severe headaches and slightly blurred vision (it is a major drug used to treat epilepsy! ) I had been told that it was brilliant for some and didn't work so well for others. Am now awaiting my follow up appointment to see what other options I can try.

I am waiting for my second gyno appt. Bloody NHS!

Some days it is unbearable and other times it is just uncomfortable. It is rarely painless but being distracted helps. Also, sex is sometimes bearable and other times out of the question. I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years and he is very understanding.

Luckily I am fortunate to not have any other health conditions and am appreciative of the fact I am in good health generally.

I have tried many creams to no avail. Some days I just want to scream and cut the whole area off! It is such a nightmare! Sometimes I feel quite depressed and can't sleep because of it.

Just wondered if any other girls have had a similar experience of vaginal burning or irritation? Or any treatments you have tried that alleviated the soreness, even just a little.

Things I do/have tried:

- Cotton undies only, none at night
- No tampons
- No condoms
- No shower products only aqueous cream
- Canesten,Vagisil
- Lidocaine
- rePhresh
- e45
- cetraben cream
- sylk gel
- ice cubes
- baking soda bath (I read it somewhere?!)

I would love to chat to someone in the same boat or that knows anything related to this. I am happy to give anything a go!
Hi! I know this thread is really old but i was hoping for some advice!! I've recently been put back on the contraceptive pill (im 18) i was on it from 15 but it was for my skin so came off it for a while but about a month into going back on it i started to experiemce vaginal burning and after research and looking at this chat im oretty much 99% sure its vulvodynia. Do you think its relating to the pill that maybe if i come off it it will go away? Im just not sure how to deal with it. I didn't even know it was a thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.13%

Watched Threads