The Student Room Group

IGCSE French Speaking Help

I am going to write my IGCSE speaking in a month and i cant seem to find any samples or great tips. Can someone please help me out.
Reply 1
well I did French GCSE, i don't know how different it is to iGCSE, im not familiar with that but do you know any of the topics you have? i think ours was on school.
Reply 2
Original post by chelsx
well I did French GCSE, i don't know how different it is to iGCSE, im not familiar with that but do you know any of the topics you have? i think ours was on school.

Our school didn't prepare us for speaking so we can take any topic. The problem is i am a bit clueless on everything about the speaking exam and really need the help. I don't know who to ask
Reply 3
I guess you'll have to ask the teacher as I'm not sure tbh. Sorry.
Reply 4
i did IGCSE CIE french, do you do cie? (cambridge)
Reply 5
Original post by Jake97
i did IGCSE CIE french, do you do cie? (cambridge)

Yes
Reply 6
Original post by Sakets
Yes

My main tip would be learn the general conversation thoroughly. Topics such as holidays, school etc re-occur pretty much everytime. If you learn this then you should have nothing to worry about providing that you learn your presentation and think of some obvious questions that the examiner may ask you on your presentation.
Reply 7
Original post by Jake97
My main tip would be learn the general conversation thoroughly. Topics such as holidays, school etc re-occur pretty much everytime. If you learn this then you should have nothing to worry about providing that you learn your presentation and think of some obvious questions that the examiner may ask you on your presentation.

Thank you so much, this really helped :biggrin:
Reply 8
Edexcel have introduced french speaking! i will be sitting for my speaking exams in a few months. Any one have any idea on how to prepare for it? anyone doing edexcel igcse french?
Reply 9
Original post by Jake97

I have my IGCSE (CIE) french oral in march and would like to ask you some questions if you dont mind since my teacher always gives me very vague answers which confuse me even more.

I know that i need to speak for 5 mins on my topic (healthy lifestyle) and do role play for another 5. But what im confused about is if the examiner will ask me questions specific to my topics or if they have the freedom to ask me questions on any topics we've studied throughout the two years (hope not :/)
Original post by pbunny
I have my IGCSE (CIE) french oral in march and would like to ask you some questions if you dont mind since my teacher always gives me very vague answers which confuse me even more.

I know that i need to speak for 5 mins on my topic (healthy lifestyle) and do role play for another 5. But what im confused about is if the examiner will ask me questions specific to my topics or if they have the freedom to ask me questions on any topics we've studied throughout the two years (hope not :/)

The examiner can only ask you questions on the topic of your presentation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending