The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! Were doing religious experience which is easy, so Im not getting too stressed about the exam, Its my last one so I cant wait to get it over and done with! Wikepedia has brilliant for looking up examples of R.experience, dunno about authority but its worth a look, good luck!
Reply 2
hi ya i am......... i do believe i am the ight person for the job. Basically in youre religious studies paper on 26th. You have to do one of three sections. Religious experience OR religious authority OR life after death. Im doing the first one. But i think 3rds not bad. What one are you gna concentrate on?

by the way good sites

http://online.chigwell-school.org/online/rs/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx

http://www.faithnet.org.uk/alevel.htm

http://www.maidstonegirlsgrammar.kent.sch.uk/depts/re/re_students/main.htm
Reply 3
hiya, iam in the same class as "aimee_bee88" we are both doing religious authority, seems to be the worse one!! any ideas on it? xxx
Reply 4
well basically you get to pick your own really. Its the one i know the least about really..... If you definitely dont want to religious experiences as you covered like a quater of it already in AS already (oe reason why i picked it) and theres most information out there. But if you wana stick to authority thats finnnee.

You basically got to have challenges to authority.

From science to inside the religion and types of authority.

Im not much use on this topic i was just looking but a good few quotes may help you

"faith that stands on authority is not faith" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Look at pentecostalism i reckon- youll find that helpful-as it challenges authority of the bible in some way and shows authority to be most important. (if you need stuff on pentacostalism- i got some) Authority is gainned through experience.

Sharia law in Islam

karl marxs quote -religion being "the sigh of the opressed creature...the opium of the people"

have you got a good textbook...... check out the sites i gave you as well
Reply 5
thank you for your help! i appreciate it!. Iam just going to check out all the things you said now and the websights, if u could send some notes on pentacostalism that would be great (never herd of it before!). Again thank you! x
Reply 6
i'm doing the religious experience question but i'm dreading it. i did fine for the AS exam on religious experience, but i simply don't understand the questions in this exam. we've not been tought a single thing on how to answer this paper so i'm pretty stumped. i have definitions of different types of religious experience and problems in verifcation etc, but nothing on the part b) questions, like the signifcance of religious expereince for individuals today and how it links to moral behaviour.
anyone got any notes or useful sites i could use? or just some tips on how to answer the part b) questions.
thanks
Reply 7
hi ok sending stuff on pentacostalism
my own thing from as (though i mades illy stuff up to help me remember-may work or may not for you)
Sending stuff from faithnet- which cherryams will find useful and something else on nature of religious experiences.

If youve got anything on verrification let me know. Im not familiar with qs yet to help you when i am ill see. This should keep you settled for a while though.

Im not a good speller my the way
And to my knowlege everything im sending is correct ok................nething on verrification apart from what i have let me know

Cheersssss

ps. arent i a helpful sod eh!
Reply 8
hi ok sending stuff on pentacostalism
my own thing from as (though i mades illy stuff up to help me remember-may work or may not for you)
Sending stuff from faithnet- which cherryams will find useful and something else on nature of religious experiences.

If youve got anything on verrification let me know. Im not familiar with qs yet to help you when i am ill see. This should keep you settled for a while though.

Im not a good speller my the way
And to my knowlege everything im sending is correct ok................nething on verrification apart from what i have let me know

Cheersssss

ps. arent i a helpful sod eh!
Reply 9
hiya, thanks for the doc, great help! just woundering if any1 nos anything about the orthodox Jews in Israel? somthing to do wiv zionism maybe? xxx
Reply 10
Anyone doing L.A.D and any help?
How would you answer this question:

''Describe how religion has responded to religious experiences, and assess the value of such experiences for religion today''

I know what maybe should go in but i do not know how to put it together
doing L.A.D. too duranross!!! its so annoying and gay! i wish we have done religious experience instead.
Reply 13
rock_chocoholic
How would you answer this question:

''Describe how religion has responded to religious experiences, and assess the value of such experiences for religion today''

I know what maybe should go in but i do not know how to put it together

at least you know what should go in it lol. ive not been tought on this paper at all, so all i have to go on is last yrs paper, which is abou a 1/4 of the content of this one.
Reply 14
I need a synoptic essay for re experience to learn , friend lost mine , need asap test tomorrow , email to [[[[||[email protected]]]]]]]]]]]]
thanks. or link here
Reply 15
Bump^
Reply 16
Bump^
cherryams
at least you know what should go in it lol. ive not been tought on this paper at all, so all i have to go on is last yrs paper, which is abou a 1/4 of the content of this one.

i've only got my AS notes and i had to do extra research but still haven't covered everything, i dont know why they can't just teach us the stuff like in other subjects. its so annoying.
Reply 18
This is ment to be the easy test that brings up the marks :frown: all u have to do is learn an approx 13 page essay . I need to get 1. Then you boost it with waffle during the test.
Reply 19
You saying this one's easy to get the marks? I really need it.. From what ive been reading re - L.A.Death, all the questions are very similar and it doesnt seem to hard. My only issue is writing for the whole time period as it appears we have about 1/2 as much to do as e.g - RS09 but the same amount of time... Is this is the same problem as you encounter on your topic?
d.

Latest

Trending

Trending