The Student Room Group

Btec level 3 applied science help?!?!

I am currently doing btec level 3 applied science and I desperatly need help with unit 3 D1, if anyone is currently doing this task or has done it, and has some tips I would be very grateful. Thanks:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this the energy transfers one??

I have just started this unit, i done a powerpoint presentation showing and describing the energy transfers for. tidal power, nuclear power, coal and....erm cant remember the other. I then drew 4 sanky diagrams for each one.
The next part was to make a leaflet on human metabolism?? This the right one??
Im needing help on assignment 2 on cells!!! x
Reply 2
No that's unit 1 I think, but its fine, I would be more than happy to help you on unit 2 if you want, any questions just ask and I'll see what I can do x
Reply 3
Aww sorry misread that. I thought it was assignment 3 but you meant unit 3.
Ohh if you dont mind that would be fab :yes:
Original post by shanz224
I am currently doing btec level 3 applied science and I desperatly need help with unit 3 D1, if anyone is currently doing this task or has done it, and has some tips I would be very grateful. Thanks:smile:

Hi there,
I'm starting this course in September, could you guys tell me what to expect / how to prepare? Would be much appreciated! Thanks! X
Could anyone help me out?

Are you a first year? Or second?
Original post by EllieBates123
Hi there,
I'm starting this course in September, could you guys tell me what to expect / how to prepare? Would be much appreciated! Thanks! X

Welcome aboard to the BTEC science course :smile: You will start off with some fairly basic things you will have done in science back in GCSE years. Practicals will be fairly easy, and so will the assignments. However during the middle of the course towards summer you will begin to find that assignments will all be due in one day if you slack off and it really begins to get hard. The general rules are always be in especially if you know you have a practical because depending on what kind of tutor you get, they may or may not allow you to redo the practical often resulting in a fail :frown:. You need all passes to actually pass the course. Another rule is that if you work hard during your first year and gets for example DD DM D*D even, you won't have to work as hard for the second year if you plan to take it. What I will say is that some of the units are enjoyable, some are really irritating, right now I should be finishing off my organic chemistry but I'm stuck :frown: :P. It will be a bit stressful at times but if you honestly sacrifice your time for doing assignments ahead of when they're meant to be in, it will be a huge relief because you can focus on other stuff. My tip for you is focus on your passes! If you don't get those you can't pass. Then move onto the merits and distinctions when you feel you can do those. Good luck :smile: I'm 2 weeks from finishing my year!
Reply 8
Original post by MarikaGogo
My tip for you is focus on your passes! If you don't get those you can't pass. Then move onto the merits and distinctions when you feel you can do those. Good luck :smile: I'm 2 weeks from finishing my year!

My tip for you is to check the date of others' comments; the comment you're replying to was sent last year. Just sayin'. :wink:
Original post by Davalla
My tip for you is to check the date of others' comments; the comment you're replying to was sent last year. Just sayin'. :wink:

Jeeze calm down, I've only just joined this forum and I'm still a bit confused?
Original post by MarikaGogo
Jeeze calm down, I've only just joined this forum and I'm still a bit confused?

It was intended as a helpful comment, hence the smiley winky face. Enjoy your time on this forum!
No that's unit 1 I think, but its fine, I would be more than happy to help you on unit 2 if you want, any questions just ask and I'll see what I can do x

Heyy um ive just started level 3 and ive not done btecs before- we've started with unit 2 and i was just wondering what to include in it and how to lay it everything out. Help??
I need help on Unit 1, has anyone done it. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
guys i need help on unit 8? please help me
hi friends, i currently do btec science double
and are doing the following units, fill free to ask me questions by PM and i be happy to answer
Units: 1,2,4,6,8,18,32,3,5,11,20,36,38

btec is more easier than A level trust me
Heyy, how can I PM you?or could you please PM me?
just open my profile and click pm
Reply 17
hi i have a slight problem my similarity in my unit 1.1 assignment is 26%
my teacher said she wont look at it if the similarity is above 20%
however the assignment is very had not to be similar as it involves a lot of factual information such as key facts about bonding and it also involves my method which is the same so im really confused as my deadline has gone today ! :confused:
You need to email her as soon as possible if you haven't already. Try to explain the situation and ask where you can make changes. Have you handed it in anyway she has to look at it anyway right? Honestly I didn't know that similarity was a thing and all of my titration instructions are exactly the same bar the name of the acid XD
If it is an issue you you could try writing one as a numbered list for the method and the other as a paragraph of instructions.
Reply 19
hi and thanks i emailed her and she said it should be fine ! she can also check whats similiar in between my work and the others and the only things which are similar are things like the method results table facts about bonding etc. so i think it should be fine:smile:
Original post by NekoAngel13
You need to email her as soon as possible if you haven't already. Try to explain the situation and ask where you can make changes. Have you handed it in anyway she has to look at it anyway right? Honestly I didn't know that similarity was a thing and all of my titration instructions are exactly the same bar the name of the acid XD
If it is an issue you you could try writing one as a numbered list for the method and the other as a paragraph of instructions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending