Anyone doing Multimedia/Digital Media and Arts Technology? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ddcavalcante
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, so last year I was sure that I would go to Uni to do Film Production but during the summer I kind changed my focus to coding, software development and stuff like that. Then, I thought, I should do Computer Science but I really love Film and I wanted to do something that had a bit of creativity and coding or some sort of technology. Bottom line: I'm lost.

While I was searching for a course I found a course of Multimedia and Arts Technology at Queen Mary University (http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/...ses/80121.html) and I didn't find a lot of information on it or any students, so I was just wondering if anyone who's doing this course or something similar like Digital Media technology at Greenwich University (http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/courses/ug/mmd/g456) could give me a insight on it.

My main questions are; how is the course? Is it main computer based work? Or there is a lot of creative-hands-on moments? Do you like it ? What type of career are you planning on following with this degree? And basically anything that would help me see if this course is the right one for me.

Thank you.
EXOMENDES 101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ddcavalcante)
Hi, so last year I was sure that I would go to Uni to do Film Production but during the summer I kind changed my focus to coding, software development and stuff like that. Then, I thought, I should do Computer Science but I really love Film and I wanted to do something that had a bit of creativity and coding or some sort of technology. Bottom line: I'm lost.

While I was searching for a course I found a course of Multimedia and Arts Technology at Queen Mary University (http://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/...ses/80121.html) and I didn't find a lot of information on it or any students, so I was just wondering if anyone who's doing this course or something similar like Digital Media technology at Greenwich University (http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/courses/ug/mmd/g456) could give me a insight on it.

My main questions are; how is the course? Is it main computer based work? Or there is a lot of creative-hands-on moments? Do you like it ? What type of career are you planning on following with this degree? And basically anything that would help me see if this course is the right one for me.

Thank you.

Hey - I know no1 replied and it's 2016 but are you doing the course at the moment. The same thing happened to me. I applied to straight CS courses and got an offer from QM and Kings - I am at Kings, 1st year student and I don't like it. I have been sick for over a week and I am so behind and it's only my 3rd week. I have been feeling crap in general so my mood is a downer. Plus I stink at the math/logic modules and the people I have met on the course all do pretty well.. and ew - they enjoy Math! I can stand some of it but not 'love' it. OK so I will do some Math if I have to but those lectures give me nightmares.

So right now I am contemplating about moving to QM next year to do the Multimedia Arts Technology course - think I should? I have read about the course in-depth and OMG it is mega creative... now that is my sanctuary. In CS Kings, there is way too much math and it's making me so miserable... nothing creative. I did Media, Sociology and ICT for A levels - the best 2 years of my life to be honest. I am starting to hate uni cuz I don't feel like this is what I want.

If you have done the course great, can I have some advice on what to do? Even if you haven't, it would be nice to know where you area and if you have decided to take on the Computer route or the Media route - both are enticing but like you, I can never leave my creative side.

thanks
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EXOMENDES 101)
Hey - I know no1 replied and it's 2016 but are you doing the course at the moment. The same thing happened to me. I applied to straight CS courses and got an offer from QM and Kings - I am at Kings, 1st year student and I don't like it. I have been sick for over a week and I am so behind and it's only my 3rd week. I have been feeling crap in general so my mood is a downer. Plus I stink at the math/logic modules and the people I have met on the course all do pretty well.. and ew - they enjoy Math! I can stand some of it but not 'love' it. OK so I will do some Math if I have to but those lectures give me nightmares.

So right now I am contemplating about moving to QM next year to do the Multimedia Arts Technology course - think I should? I have read about the course in-depth and OMG it is mega creative... now that is my sanctuary. In CS Kings, there is way too much math and it's making me so miserable... nothing creative. I did Media, Sociology and ICT for A levels - the best 2 years of my life to be honest. I am starting to hate uni cuz I don't feel like this is what I want.

If you have done the course great, can I have some advice on what to do? Even if you haven't, it would be nice to know where you area and if you have decided to take on the Computer route or the Media route - both are enticing but like you, I can never leave my creative side.

thanks
OP hasn't posted since 2013.

Best to start your own thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.91%
No (223)
94.09%

Watched Threads