The Student Room Group

University Chemisry Interviews what to expect?

I'm not applying for Oxbridge but I am applying for York and Bristol and a few others, york and Bristol I think interview. What can I expect a formal or informal interview and hard or easy questions. Any examples would be nice...
I went to York's, but not Bristol (I already had York's offer, so declined Bristol's interview); it was very informal. It's more of a chance to see that applicants aren't complete boneheads or exam-machines. I was asked mostly personal questions, and then briefly discussed chemistry for about 5 minutes. Not stressful at all (at least not compared to other interviews I've had).
Reply 2
York was more of an informal chat than an interview, they told us before we even got there we were guaranteed an offer. I just spoke to someone about things I'd wrote in my PS and they asked me a few chemistry questions.
Very few departments make an interview part of their selection process, most of them are primarily a way for them to advertise their university, courses and department to you. I've certainly known situations were people get offers beforehand and even those who got offers after not attending.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending