The Student Room Group

Would you dump your partner for £1m?

Poll

Would you dump a long-term partner for £1m?

Most people wouldn't...thankfully. But this survey found that 1 in 10 blokes would end it with their girlfriend or wife in return for a cool million.

So how about TSR? Let's say you've been with someone for a couple of years, you're happy together and you can see the relationship going somewhere. Would you call it quits for a sack full of cash?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Noooooooooo, but if it were 1 million chocolate coins on the other hand...
Reply 2
yes, if you said 50,000 it would have been better
Reply 3
It's kinda hard to dump my right hand, we do everything together.
Well, my imaginary partner, no.

He's cool :h:
Reply 5
Original post by NedStark
Simply put, would you cut your right hand off for £1m?

Not as long as I play instruments no. :P
Reply 6
Boyfriend? Perhaps

Husband? No
Definitely lol
Reply 8
i'll ask my wife/gf and tell her i'll share half of the money with her. if she refuse that means thats the one you should hold on to, if she says yes then might as well just end it.
Reply 9
depends on the person - people are easy to lose
girlfriend - yes
wife- no
No. I would never do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Definitely lol

Hic ! you are more Faust and Mephistopheles rolled into one than Gandhiji! ha ha
husband? no
I'd only do it if I knew it was coming to the end.
Hopefully I will never have to even consider breaking up with my future wife as I'm confident I will choose the right person.
Reply 15
Never and besides £1 million isn't exactly a lot, if you think about it.
No...
You never know what will happen with relationships and a lot of relationships don't last, so if you were to split up in the future imagine how gutted you would be if you passed up the chance to be a millionaire. What if you later found your partner was cheating on you or something?

I'm sure she would get over it tbh when I explained the reasons. If a girl was dumping me for £1 million I wouldn't hold it against her.
Reply 18
Original post by shooks
Most people wouldn't...thankfully. But this survey found that 1 in 10 blokes would end it with their girlfriend or wife in return for a cool million.

So how about TSR? Let's say you've been with someone for a couple of years, you're happy together and you can see the relationship going somewhere. Would you call it quits for a sack full of cash?

Depends on how close and what future holds with my current partner...if i really love her then No i wouldn't take money but if i dont then sorry i would take it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd want the million for my family so no point if I'm not with my husband.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending