The Student Room Group

How to overcome speed time graphs difficulty!

Hey guys,

I seem to be really struggling with getting the grasp on speed time graphs along with displacement time graphs!
This is for M1 btw

I can draw them but have difficulty answering the questions on then! Especially when it involves another vehicle crossing the path and working out the distance between them speed at that time!?

I'm pretty confident in working out the displacement as this is just the area under the graph.

So ye any tips or suggestions on the best way to get around these problems??

Kind regards
- Super

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reread the questions a number of times, carefully and slowly, paying attention to every single detail! :smile:
Reply 2
Q4 June 2010 is an example of a question I would find it difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by krisshP
Reread the questions a number of times, carefully and slowly, paying attention to every single detail! :smile:

I do that, I think it's the actual working out how to get to the solution I struggle with, like what steps to take

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by SuperMushroom
Q4 June 2010 is an example of a question I would find it difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you post the question you will get a better response
Reply 5
Original post by SuperMushroom
I do that, I think it's the actual working out how to get to the solution I struggle with, like what steps to take

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get what you mean. Once you understand the logic behind tackling one question, you should be able to do other questions in a very similar style.

Can you please post the actual question, we have no clue as to what exam board that paper is from:frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest