Favourite movie speeches.

Watch this thread
TheGuy117
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What is your favourite movie speech? Not necessarily a speech you think is the most inspirational, just your favourite.

Here's mine. Classic. Starts at 0:22

mali167
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago

From the same year in which Glengarry Glen Ross was released. Pacino was just AWESOME in both.
Plainview
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Ahh Glengarry, so good.

But there is no substitute.

NaaderBajwa
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mali167)

From the same year in which Glengarry Glen Ross was released. Pacino was just AWESOME in both.
This came straight to me when I read the thread title, so good.
champion_71
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mali167)

One of my all time favourite films.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

This.

However I also loved the speech in Invictus.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
"The first rule of Fight Club is.."
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
username1129244
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Never gets old!

Hugs31
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Not a single word wasted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBjWHfBHKos
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
My brother and I can recite Aragorn's speech off by heart. But then again, we have pretty much memorised all of the LOTR lines.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw
IndyJK9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Have to agree with the Gladiator scene someone's posted. Love it every time. Quite a few speeches in Gladiator I like.

Braveheart speech is pretty epic
Jingers
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
ArtGoblin
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

Edit: In case it's not just my slow internet and I really have just posted a blank square it's supposed to be the 'Mad as Hell' speech from Network.

Edit2: Just me being a fool.
IndyJK9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
"The first rule of Fight Club is.."
Just picked up a poster today with that speech on it! It's coming with me to uni, haha.
Mackay
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by IndyJK9)
Just picked up a poster today with that speech on it! It's coming with me to uni, haha.
Good effort! I've got a 'Choose Life' Trainspotting one on my uni house wall. Love it.
CheshireMoon
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Not a speech, rather a narration : Morgan Freeman in the Bucket List .
If I ever had a film made of my life I would love for him to narrate it!
Airfairy
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Lester Burnham (American Beauty) on dying:

I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time. For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty ****ed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_CfkNUC_g
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

KING KONG AIN'T GOT **** ON ME

Do not **** with Denzel. He is my hero :adore:
WeeGuy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (21)
30.88%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
38.24%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (3)
4.41%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.41%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.88%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.24%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.47%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.47%

Watched Threads