Pets at university? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I was thinking about getting a pair of parakeets when I move out, and so I wonder if you think universities would allow them. I am hopefully going to study at Bath next year so If anyoen knows anything about Bath specifically it would be nice to know. Do you think they would allow a bird cage?
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
I was thinking about getting a pair of parakeets when I move out, and so I wonder if you think universities would allow them. I am hopefully going to study at Bath next year so If anyoen knows anything about Bath specifically it would be nice to know. Do you think they would allow a bird cage?
I don't think you'd be allowed pets in university run accomadation (halls) In a private house they might let you. We're allowed fish or small rodents (hamsters gerbils etc). I have a friend who has a dog in his student house though. It all depends on the land lords I guess
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I don't think you'd be allowed pets in university run accomadation (halls) In a private house they might let you. We're allowed fish or small rodents (hamsters gerbils etc). I have a friend who has a dog in his student house though. It all depends on the land lords I guess
where is spongebob :mad:
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
where is spongebob :mad:
He looked a bit rubbish and small when I put him on. Decided I needed something that was supposed to be little. I'll probably change my mind again in a couple of days though!
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.bath.ac.uk/rules/accom.html

The pets policy is half way down the page. :rolleyes:
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sod taking a pet to university!
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hmm, they say no pets allowed, though some other universities (Warwick) say that as well but still allow birds and fish tanks etc...

I have a hard time seing why they would have a problem with a fish tank, honestly...
hildabeast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a fish but I have to hide it every time the scout comes in to clean my room because technically we're not allowed them. College has it's own pet cat though, a tabby called Hilda.
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
I have a fish but I have to hide it every time the scout comes in to clean my room because technically we're not allowed them. College has it's own pet cat though, a tabby called Hilda.
I don't think there should be a problem with having fish! I can understand not rodents/hamsters etc as they can smell and birds as they're noisy and I'm obviously not going to try and keep my horse in the cupboard! lol But fish?! seems a bit pathetic to me!
rax
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by James_W)
Sod taking a pet to university!
precisely!!
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm, they say no pets allowed, though some other universities (Warwick) say that as well but still allow birds and fish tanks etc...

I have a hard time seing why they would have a problem with a fish tank, honestly...
Warwick doesn't allow pets on campus.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It'd be cool to have gerbils, and one of those tubular tank/cage things which extends around the entire room.
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
It'd be cool to have gerbils, and one of those tubular tank/cage things which extends around the entire room.
I had a gerbil when I was a kid, they're pretty cute.
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would have said that at most (if not all) university halls of residense - pets are not allowed. However, I know people who have got away with it keeping fish, a hamster, and an iguna (or some other similar lizardy type thing) - though different people were keeping them!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One of my friends at another college has a hamster. I want one too, but they're officially not allowed
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can get away with some pets, I don't think any uni really allows them, but I somehow doubt you'll be able to keep parakeets hidden for long!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed