The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Looking for League of Legends Players at Leeds

Cannot find any kind of gaming society at Leeds uni union, which both made me die a little inside, and also made my job of putting together a LoL team to represent our uni (unofficially) a lot harder.

What I'm looking to do is put in a team for the National University Esports League: http://www.thenuel.com/

However we only currently have two players and we need more.

So due to the fact that I have until 4th October to get three more people to make a team, I have turned to tsr for help and am now hoping that somehow LoL players at Leeds uni will see this and will contact me.
Reply 1
Hello !! You've sparked my interest :smile: I'd be happy to join such a thing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
me and my flatmates play but not great
Reply 3
Try the Sci Fi & Fantasy Society. They're basically, for all intents and purposes, the gaming society at the university. They have a showing on a Tuesday evening, and a board gaming day on Saturday afternoons. You could pop along to an event and ask, or join the facebook group.
Reply 4
Isn't the sci-fi & fantasy society mostly focused on table top games and roleplay? That's what I gathered from what I saw of the society

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Kandish7
Isn't the sci-fi & fantasy society mostly focused on table top games and roleplay? That's what I gathered from what I saw of the society

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have a steam group, most of us have multiple consoles and gaming PCs, and we run videogaming days once a semester or so... of course our organised activities focus mostly around the tabletop stuff, but it's super easy to get a 5-stack on DotA2 from the group, for example.
Reply 6
What level is everyone? I play a tiny bit of league but there's no way I'm good enough to be in a team or anything like that, lol. I'm only level 20, and level 6 on my smurf acc which happens to be the EW West one.
Reply 7
Well at the moment the people we've gathered that play league and have come forward about it range from bronze 3 up to platinum, but made the team to just meet other league players at Leeds. If you wanna play with me and potentially everyone else, by all means add me on Skype - kandishk7
Reply 8
Is the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Society the one where there were guys all dressed up and role playing with the swords outside the Student Union during the Fresher's Fair?

I'm primarily interested in the gaming aspect of the society but open-minded to trying new things. And just to note, I've never played LoL :tongue:

Kandish7, have you been yet?

More importantly, why am I awake at 1:38AM. Oh well, not as bad as Saturday when I went to bed at 6:30AM.

Kind Regards,

Circles.
Reply 9
Original post by Circles
Is the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Society the one where there were guys all dressed up and role playing with the swords outside the Student Union during the Fresher's Fair?

I'm primarily interested in the gaming aspect of the society but open-minded to trying new things. And just to note, I've never played LoL :tongue:

Kandish7, have you been yet?

More importantly, why am I awake at 1:38AM. Oh well, not as bad as Saturday when I went to bed at 6:30AM.

Kind Regards,

Circles.

Yes, we killed a bee.

1375258_10151732534253640_513691776_n.jpg

Come along on Saturday :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Muffinz
Yes, we killed a bee.

1375258_10151732534253640_513691776_n.jpg

Come along on Saturday :smile:

Haha, awesome.

What's happening on Saturday? :tongue:

Kind Regards,

Circles.
Reply 11
Yeah I'm much more interested in the gaming side of things, the roleplay and table top activities not so much as I've tried them before and they weren't to my tastes. But no I haven't been to this society, I may go tomorrow depending on what's happening and what time it is at.
Reply 12
Yeah I'm much more interested in the gaming side of things, the roleplay and table top activities not so much as I've tried them before and they weren't to my tastes. But no I haven't been to this society, I may go tomorrow depending on what's happening and what time it is at.

Please tell me how it goes, I'm intrigued :biggrin:
Reply 13
Honestly circles, I'm probably not going to go :tongue: I have taekwondo practice today and a whole slew of reading to do :/
Reply 14
Original post by Circles
Haha, awesome.

What's happening on Saturday? :tongue:

Kind Regards,

Circles.

We're having our weekly board gaming day, starting at 3pm. We'll be in Arc Room 4, upstairs in the union building. You go up the main stairs, follow the corridor to the right, at the end of that turn left, then take the first right, go up the small set of stairs, and follow that corridor to the end and turn left. It'll be a hell of a lot of fun, highly recommend it, if you come then you can ask for me (Kate) and we'll play something :biggrin:
Reply 15
Honestly circles, I'm probably not going to go :tongue: I have taekwondo practice today and a whole slew of reading to do :/

Ooh, taekwondo, impressive :tongue:

I know how you feel about reading though, I've got seven law books to get through xD

Original post by Muffinz
We're having our weekly board gaming day, starting at 3pm. We'll be in Arc Room 4, upstairs in the union building. You go up the main stairs, follow the corridor to the right, at the end of that turn left, then take the first right, go up the small set of stairs, and follow that corridor to the end and turn left. It'll be a hell of a lot of fun, highly recommend it, if you come then you can ask for me (Kate) and we'll play something :biggrin:

Unfortunately I can't make it this Saturday as I'm going home for the weekend but I'm still interested in perhaps attending some of the events :smile:
Reply 16
I'd love to be part of this but I'm on EUNE not EUW. :/
i'm not a high enough level and dont even play ranked but i love the game and i have a friend who is a silver 3 soon to be 2 in rank system, if i cant at least he will be able to, his league name is keba mine is kingkow9316. you can add us through the friend roster, and you can have a look at us on lolking.net

Quick Reply

Latest