?
Report 15 years ago
Ice Cube featuring Korn - F--- Dying.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For some strange unknown reason, Capital are playing "I'm every woman" by Whitney Houston at the moment.

Have been playing 'Final Straw' by Snow Patrol all afternoon too, may be putting it back on at this rate!
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by interiority)
Ben Folds.
Woohoo! Someone else who likes him!
EPD
Report 15 years ago
He is a God. Though I don't think his solo stuff is as good as his stuff with Ben Folds Five. I think he suffers a bit from "got married and had kids" syndrome, which, I find, tends occasionally to harm songwriting ability. Or it's just that I find songs about trying to afford nappies harder to identify with. I do like Still Fighting It though, sentimental person that I am.

Some people handle this syndrome well, ie, Dylan. But I still pull a face when I hear a musician I like is reproducing. I'm so bloody selfish.
I have to say I really like his solo stuff - I've got Rockin' the Suburbs on as we speak. I know its a bit nicey-nicey, but there's some cracking songs on there - Annie Waits, Not the Same etc.

I downloaded a bootleg of him and the Divine Comedy doing a joint show, and TDC one of - if not my actual favourite bands. I *really* wish I'd seen it at the time, alas I wasn't at the gig going age a couple of years ago.
Thom18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I be listening to Boards of Canada's Music Has The Right To Children, getting my bizarro-synth freek on... Scotland-style.
EPD
Report 15 years ago
I like Rockin' The Suburbs, though I prefer the Ben Folds Five albums. I'm not keen, really, on the new EPs. He seems to just be recycling a lot of stuff. And I don't like the stuff he's done with "The Bens", even though I like Ben Kweller a lot. Enough to chase him down the street when I saw him in Camden.

I saw it! It was ****ing awesome.
Now I'm extremely jealous :mad:
You got to chase Ben Kweller, AND see two of the best artists currently around. Grrrrr
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Heehee, It was just as Sha Sha came out in the UK. He thought I was ****ing nuts, but let me take a photo anyway. He had a solid handshake, a latte from Starbucks, and a very attractive girlfriend. I'm so down with the celebrity gossip, yo.

The concert was brilliant, but I was distracted by the person next to me, who I honestly was unsure whether it was a man or a woman. In the end we concluded man, because of hairy hands. Random fact: Ben Folds and Neil Hannon dress very very well.
Neil Hannon always struck me as being someone with style.

Did Ben Folds get you to do all the instrumental bits in Army?
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Ben Folds had these great rusty red cords on, and wore cool sunglasses during a Flaming Lips cover.

Yes! And in Not the Same. We were gloriously in tune.

Are you going to see him when he tours this year?
*withholds anger* Flaming Lips cover?? Was it Race for the Prize? 2 of my favourite artists doing one of my favourite songs by another of my favourite artists! And I missed it!

I can't see him, because the closest place he'll be playing to Bristol is London, and I'd probably have to go alone since I don't know anyone off to Bristol
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Oh, oh, oh... It was. And it was great. I have a bootleg of them doing it somewhere, if you're interested, don't have it already and I can find it, lol.

I'll have to go to London, and maybe Birmingham. Whichever dates fit
I already have it, I downloaded a whole show in all its 34 song glory
Still doesn't come close to being there though

Neil Hannon's touring next month too, with Sheffield being the closest to me, but its the night before an exam and nobody would go with me
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (95)
18.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.65%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.72%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.97%

Watched Threads