Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Making a decision is so hard. I really loved Durham at the open day, but the course isnt as flexible as York. ( No module choices). College system at both, but it seems like the Durham colleges are more close knit. Just dont know what to base my decision on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic)
    Making a decision is so hard. I really loved Durham at the open day, but the course isnt as flexible as York. ( No module choices). College system at both, but it seems like the Durham colleges are more close knit. Just dont know what to base my decision on?
    Both are top universities, therefore going to either would be great.

Because of that, base your decision on which environment you felt most comfortable in on your visit and in turn which environment you would most be happy in. If you haven't visited York, then at least have a read of the prospectus and ask some other students who know the Uni very well. IMO this is necessary before you make any clear-cut decisions, as regards to which university you choose.

Regards,

bono

ReputationRep:
    Thanks bono.
    yes I have visited York. First impression was disappointment at the concrete campus compared to the city. The people there were really nice though (same at Durham). Its difficult to compare fairly though. Spending a night at the Durham open day gives you more of a feel of the place. The course definately looks better at York, but a couple of hours looking round doesnt tell you whether you would be happy there.
    If I could put Yorks course at Durham life would be perfect

ReputationRep:
    I looked at both for Biology and didn't really like either of them, but that's just me. If I had to decide I'd probably go with York.

ReputationRep:
    well if i were you i'd go for durham, because i'm going there and im cool.

ReputationRep:
    And Durham has Phil Gates...

ReputationRep:
    why don't you go and spend the night in york.....
    this way you can have equal footing to make your decision on.....
    ultimately which would you be happier at- take into account course, uni, accomodation, local area, distance from home etc and decide which one you want to stay at for 3 years...
    i'm sure you will be happy wherever you go...
    maybe try and find things you don't like about them- this may make your decision for u!!
    Good luck

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.