Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please can somebody help me with the following math question? I have calculated the amount Japan should have as 18% of 192m, but when I subtract this from 192m, no answer is shown... am I doing the right thing?

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nokialira)
    Please can somebody help me with the following math question? I have calculated the amount Japan should have as 18% of 192m, but when I subtract this from 192m, no answer is shown... am I doing the right thing?

The question isn't how much the non-Japan part is worth, but what the difference is between the non-Japan part and the Japan part. Therefore, in effect you have to take away the 18% again to find the difference.

I actually think it is easier to deal in percentages for this question and then to change to actual values later. I would say that the Japanese part is 18%, so the non-Japanese part is 82%. Therefore the difference is 82%-18%=64% and get the actual value by doing 64% of 192m.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much Sheldon - sorted it out now.

ReputationRep:
    Used to be good at these Q's... dunno whats up.

Any help, anybody, with the following question please?

I've no idea how to calculate the average (I added the last column and divided by 5 but its too simple to work).

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Used to be good at these Q's... dunno whats up.

Any help, anybody, with the following question please?

I've no idea how to calculate the average (I added the last column and divided by 5 but its too simple to work).

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!
    Firstly, you don't even have to do the calculation. The answer is clearly 271 because all the other answers are absolutely absurd, given the averages of each region range from 148 to 382 and so the answer must be in this range.

If you actually want to do the calculation, you have to bare in mind that there are more projects in Asia than in the other places etc. Therefore, you do (13*278)+(6*283)... to get the total amount of time spent on projects. You then divide it by the total number of projects, which is 33, to get the average time. I hope that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Thanks Sheldon

ReputationRep:

That quiz looks kinda cool. Where do you find them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derp96)
    That quiz looks kinda cool. Where do you find them?
    Haha. Investment Bank recruitment (Kenexa SHL tests)

ReputationRep:
    Got another Q for you guys!

I get 28.13... does that mean 'Cannot Say' is the correct answer? It's quite silly IMO as 'Cannot Say' implies that the data provided in the question isn't enough although I believe it is...?

Thanks
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Got another Q for you guys!

I get 28.13... does that mean 'Cannot Say' is the correct answer? It's quite silly IMO as 'Cannot Say' implies that the data provided in the question isn't enough although I believe it is...?

Thanks
    It is cannot say but the average speed isn't 28.13. You can't know what the average speed is because you don't know how long a car spends in each zone as it goes across the city. For example, it might spend 1 hour in the outer zone, 2 hours in the inner zone but only 10 minutes in the centre. As a result, you would have to put a higher weighting to the speed in the inner zone than in the centre when taking the average. As a result, the data provided in the question isn't enough and so the answer is cannot say. I hope that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the address bar in your first screenshot, your specific link and code to your test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHELDON123)
    It is cannot say but the average speed isn't 28.13. You can't know what the average speed is because you don't know how long a car spends in each zone as it goes across the city. For example, it might spend 1 hour in the outer zone, 2 hours in the inner zone but only 10 minutes in the centre. As a result, you would have to put a higher weighting to the speed in the inner zone than in the centre when taking the average. As a result, the data provided in the question isn't enough and so the answer is cannot say. I hope that makes sense.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Used to be good at these tests but I don't know why I suck now!

Any help with the following?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    Isnt the address bar in your first screenshot, your specific link and code to your test?
    Thanks a lot for letting me know Prince

ReputationRep:
    Used to be good at these tests but I don't know why I suck now!

Any help with the following?

Thanks!
    It would be September.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.