The Student Room Group

BTEC people? Are you going to University?

If so, what do you study? And which University are you at?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I done a BTEC in IT (Software Development) and I'm now at University of Ulster studying Computer Science (Software Systems Development).
Original post by Ok24712

I currently study a BTEC Diploma in Systems Support & Networking, then hopefully going to Glyndwr University to study BSc (Hons) Computer Network Management and Security

And alongside this attend a CISCO Network Academy, which they offer :biggrin:
Reply 3
Bump!
Anyone else get offers?
Reply 4
btec in Animal management and I'll be studying a BSc in animal behaviour
Reply 5
BTEC Level 3 Extended in IT, conditionally firmed my place at Royal Holloway for Computer Science
I do BTEC L3 Applied Science.

Now unconditional offer to study Law at Birkbeck, University of London. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm about to start BTEC Business level 3. If I can get D*D*D* then I will hopefully go to Manchester, Aston or Birmingham :biggrin:
I'm doing BTEC and got into 3 out of my 4 universities :biggrin:
Original post by Ok24712

I'm doing Level 3 Applied Science (Medical Science) and I'm going to Bangor University to study Biomedical Science :smile: I got accepted to all 4 of my choices (I withdrew from one). xD The main reason I chose Bangor was because I fell in love with the place. :smile:
I'm doing BTEC Health & Social Care and BTEC Travel & Tourism plus an A-Level and got into the University of Hull to study Geography!!
I'm doing Level 3 ICT Software Development and planning to do BSc Computer Science at Hull University.
Im doing btec business and got in to do accounting and finance at man met.
BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma in applied science
Reply 14
Original post by Lord Jon
I do BTEC L3 Applied Science.

Now unconditional offer to study Law at Birkbeck, University of London. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you from Applied Science to Law? :tongue:
Original post by iRaii
How did you from Applied Science to Law? :tongue:

How did I draw the conclusion to do it? Or how was I successful? :smile:

I pretty much had experiences which I put on my personal statement which transfers to studying law. It's just something that really interests me so I put my interest across in a very clear and exciting way so there could be no doubt that its something that I really want to do.

I also had a pretty good interview so I suppose that helps?,:smile:

I'd say you can get whatever you want if you really display promise , interest and determination to make it work. The nitty gritty of your academic history etc soon falls into a blur slightly after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing BTEC applied science and BTEC health and social care now and I have an offer for the University of Salford to study Adult Nursing :smile:
Reply 17
I did a BTEC (National Diploma) in IT then did my degree in Software Engineering at UWE, during which I got an industrial placement at CERN. I now work as a software engineer in the Oil & Gas industry. So ignore the nay-sayers - worked out well enough for me.
I did a BTEC level 3 ND in IT and I´m going to Dundee university this year to study Digital Interaction Design. I received an Unconditional offer. I know other people who have studied the same thing and gone to Royal Holloway to study Computer science with a BTEC, so whoever is saying that BTECs aren´t good enough is a complete uneducated idiot. Most universities have an "other qualifications" section when you apply to them where you can find BTEC entry requirements. :smile:
Reply 19
Doing a BTEC level 3 Health and Social Care, got a conditional place at Keele for Adult Nursing.

Quick Reply

Latest