BTEC people? Are you going to University? Watch

gemmalm95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just finished Btec in health and social care and got 5 out of 5 offers, going to University to study sociology with criminology
NStar95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Camel18)
My offer became unconditional last night, earlier than I expected.
Congrats I'm still waiting for mine.
xmertic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ok24712)
If so, what do you study? And which University are you at?
At college I studied Media... but I'm progressing on to UCLan to study Games Design
username1473714
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes. My offer was confirmed over the weekend
David B
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by abi_l_w)
Yes. My offer was confirmed over the weekend
What changes on UCAS to tell you it's comfirmed? Mine seems the same as it was "Conditional offer firmly accepted"
Inaar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did a Health and Social care level 3 extended BTEC and received Mmm, got an unconditional offer from Winchester University (and a few other choices) :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thoth's World
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈)
Why are people saying 'I done' - it's 'I did' or 'I have done'.

'I done' Aeronautical Engineering and yes I will be starting University this September.
When do you use the term 'I done'?
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Troytheboy)
When do you use the term 'I done'?

You don't.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For those wanting to pursue a career science and are doing BTEC (forgot the person I was supposed to address to), you can apply for a science course with a foundation year at many universities especially Russel group ones such as Durham, Leeds and Birmingham...
username1473714
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by David B)
What changes on UCAS to tell you it's comfirmed? Mine seems the same as it was "Conditional offer firmly accepted"
BTECs get confirmed all at different times, it's not like A-level where there is one day...

You'll get an email from UCAS saying something has changed on track and on track it'll say "congratulations your offer at ... has been confirmed"

It's like getting the actual certificates, you'll get them whenever your college receives them and bothers to post them.
Only1_deedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I done Level 3 BTEC Travel and tourism at college, But now i'm going Canterbury University to study Business
David B
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by abi_l_w)
BTECs get confirmed all at different times, it's not like A-level where there is one day...

You'll get an email from UCAS saying something has changed on track and on track it'll say "congratulations your offer at ... has been confirmed"

It's like getting the actual certificates, you'll get them whenever your college receives them and bothers to post them.
Oh right thanks. I'll look out for an email.
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did BTEC Applied Law but I did 3 other a levels with it and now will study law at uni
NStar95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
For those wanting to pursue a career science and are doing BTEC (forgot the person I was supposed to address to), you can apply for a science course with a foundation year at many universities especially Russel group ones such as Durham, Leeds and Birmingham...
You don't actually have to do a foundation year if you get distinctions though.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NStar95)
You don't actually have to do a foundation year if you get distinctions though.
It's mostly for those that don't get a distinction.
katehlouise
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I studied Photography at BTEC, and got an unconditional offer to study Wildlife Media at university.

I'm glad I took the BTEC, because the people who did Photography/Media at A Level didn't have a clue how to use the cameras, whereas in the BTEC we started from a manual film camera.
Bawrai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just finished my BTEC Level 3 extended with D*D*D (400 UCAS points) I am going to BCU to do Business management( not sure what's it goanna be like )
iRaii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bawrai)
I just finished my BTEC Level 3 extended with D*D*D (400 UCAS points) I am going to BCU to do Business management( not sure what's it goanna be like )
BCU!? with D*D*D? Did you apply to any Russel group universities? or do you genuinely want to go to BCU? (No sarcasm intended)
Roving Fish
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did BTEC Creative Media and ended up doing BA Graphic Design & Multimedia at University of Worcester.

Edit for grades: Got a DD (would have been D*D*D* if I had stayed the following year of the BTEC)... I originally started at University of Gloucestershire doing Marcomms. Only did 1 year of the BTEC to top up my UCAS points from AS levels.
JakeW1000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BTEC level 3 in applied science. Going to be studying physics at warwick hopefully!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads