The Student Room Group

BTEC people? Are you going to University?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krands
Just ignore his presence he's a troll and he won't bother coming back if he's ignored.

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm currently doing the Health & Social Care Level 3 Extended Diploma, hopefully university next September. However, my personal statement is over by 300 characters, sob sob :rolleyes:
Reply 162
This thread may be of some interest to current BTEC applicants to university!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2975029&p=51625387#post51625387
How does the foundation year work? And how do you apply for a foundation year? I'm currently in my first year of doing Btec applied science level 3 and eager to do a science related degree, hopefully at a good university.
Original post by mindandsoul
How does the foundation year work? And how do you apply for a foundation year? I'm currently in my first year of doing Btec applied science level 3 and eager to do a science related degree, hopefully at a good university.

If you're talking about the foundation at university then it is just a year that prepares you to complete the degree. Successful completion of the foundation year will provide entry to the Bachelors. In total you'll be doing 4 years at university with this route.
I'm doing Level 3 Applied Law, Level 3 Creative Media Production and a Diploma in Criminology, going to the University of Winchester to Study Media and Communications in September
I did level 3 extended diploma in IT and am studying computer science at Cardiff Uni already.
Reply 167
I'm doing a L3 Extended Diploma in Graphic Design, got unconditional offers from Birmingham City, Wolverhampton and Sheffield Hallam, and a conditional for MMP from Hereford College of Arts. Firmed Wolverhampton today, since it's close to home and I preferred it over BCU, and I decided that I didn't want to go too far away.
Original post by _rainbow
I did Software Development, achieved D* D* D* and I'm going to the University of Birmingham. :smile:

Don't believe you can get into Uni of Birmingham with just a BTEC anymore
Yes you can, you just need B in both Maths and English lang GCSE.
Original post by mindandsoul

Based upon my experience of applying this year you should primarily apply for non foundation courses, with a safety net of one/ two foundation courses as a fall back position.
That’s awesome 👏🏽. Should be studying level 3 applied science (Medical Science) starting from September after my GCSEs. Any advice will be beneficial:smile:
I am doing a level 3 extended national diploma in Photography, does anyone have any idea If I can get onto and English literature degree with it?
Original post by SkippyThirdEye
I am doing a level 3 extended national diploma in Photography, does anyone have any idea If I can get onto and English literature degree with it?

Would imagine so. But it would probably be best if you check out the requirements on the websites of the unis you’re wanting to go to....
Starting a foundation year at Manchester in chemistry with Applied Science + A-level Psychology at Distinction, Distinction, A
Guys for the people who managed to get Distinctions How much work did you put? How did you do it? Was it constant work? Was it hard? How did you self study? How did you put information together?
What did it take to get the distinctions? Or DDM or D*D*M
Or D*DD
I wanna go. But I’ll also need to sit two more a level exams to be accepted along with my betec diploma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending