Did Imperial offer adjustment this year? Confused

Watch
TalentedMrRed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I looked at various websites before August 15th (results day) this year and all seemed to state that Imperial College London would definitely not enter clearing or adjustment this year. However after August 15th I've seen a number of posts from people on TSR and other forum sites saying Imperial did in fact enter adjustment, and that they managed to get a place there. Can somebody shed some light on this? Did Imperial change their mind about adjustment after results day and decide to take people on after all? Any replies are appreciated, thank you
starlight4711
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am also confused about this...
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
(Original post by starlight4711)
I am also confused about this...
Have you heard of anybody getting a place there through adjustment/clearing?
starlight4711
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TalentedMrRed)
Have you heard of anybody getting a place there through adjustment/clearing?
no, I actually also saw some posts about this. Well, however got in through adjustment was lucky, I guess. I think, they wouldn't want everyone to know if they did adjustment. Maybe they did state on their website for a short time, that they do adjustment, don't know..
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
Bump
mooomooo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They definitely had a few places in Biosciences (one or two different courses) available in adjustment. I remember visiting the page. I think there was a drop in applicant grades this year so a lot of people probably missed their offer.
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
(Original post by mooomooo)
They definitely had a few places in Biosciences (one or two different courses) available in adjustment. I remember visiting the page. I think there was a drop in applicant grades this year so a lot of people probably missed their offer.
Was this on results day?
mooomooo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TalentedMrRed)
Was this on results day?
I'm not sure if it appeared immediately on results day but was definitely there in the following few days. Stayed there for quite a bit too.
Don't know what they are playing at as the page that had the adjustment courses on it now says 'not participating in clearing or adjustment in 2013'...even though they did
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
(Original post by mooomooo)
I'm not sure if it appeared immediately on results day but was definitely there in the following few days. Stayed there for quite a bit too.
Don't know what they are playing at as the page that had the adjustment courses on it now says 'not participating in clearing or adjustment in 2013'...even though they did
lol, it's almost as if they're ashamed to admit that they had to give in to something they've sworn they'd never participate in
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
Bump
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
Bump again...
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anybody with any more news on this?
starlight4711
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX5cW-mb8gY

here they say they offer adjustment for some courses (2014 entry). They definitely did offer adjustment for some courses in 2013 (but I don't think it was for any Engineering or Med courses).
TalentedMrRed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by starlight4711)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX5cW-mb8gY

here they say they offer adjustment for some courses (2014 entry). They definitely did offer adjustment for some courses in 2013 (but I don't think it was for any Engineering or Med courses).
Thanks a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads