The Student Room Group

Work Exp Questionnaires

I am wondering what is the process with questionnaires? Can you plan your answers on paper, then type them up and submit them after when you have put extra thought into them. Or do you have to complete the whole form in one 'session' on the computer?
Original post by daniel1005
I am wondering what is the process with questionnaires? Can you plan your answers on paper, then type them up and submit them after when you have put extra thought into them. Or do you have to complete the whole form in one 'session' on the computer?

Questionnaire?!

I've never heard of a company requiring a questionnaire to be filled out for work experience... Normally a letter and CV is sufficient...
Anyway, assuming it's similar to standard job application questionnaires, you should plan your answers on paper/ on MS word (good if you need to stick to a word count) before writing/ copy & pasting into the questionnaire. It is definitely a good idea to put some thought into the questions, since if a company has so many applicants for work experience that they have actually created a proper application questionnaire it is probably fairly competitive! I would advise planning your answers carefully beforehand, asking your parents/ a careers advisor/ your tutor to read through them to get some further advice, then writing it into the questionnaire.
Some application forms can be partially filled in and saved - however most need to be filled in in a single session - however this usually isn't timed and you can always cancel it and start filling it in again from scratch another day if you need more time to plan :smile:
Reply 2
I'm talking about university questionnaires such as Nottingham vet schools questionnaire has questions about your work exp etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm talking about university questionnaires such as Nottingham vet schools questionnaire has questions about your work exp etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because you weren't very clear in your original question is no reason to neg me!

Anyway, it's probably still the same as with any questionnaire. Plan your answers thoroughly beforehand and then put them into the form. For a vet school questionnaire they probably will have the option to save it and come back to it later - this is probably the case if you have to log in at any point to their system. In any case, if you just copy down the questions and then close the questionnaire you can then plan the answers before reopening it again. Your blank questionnaire will not be submitted.

When I did it a few years ago, I wrote them on paper and then put them in all at once because I was scared about the session thing :P. I think there is a submit button, but not sure if it would save your responses. My memory is a bit dull after four years. :smile: No harm in paper, then one session in my opinion :smile:.
Reply 5
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Just because you weren't very clear in your original question is no reason to neg me!

Anyway, it's probably still the same as with any questionnaire. Plan your answers thoroughly beforehand and then put them into the form. For a vet school questionnaire they probably will have the option to save it and come back to it later - this is probably the case if you have to log in at any point to their system. In any case, if you just copy down the questions and then close the questionnaire you can then plan the answers before reopening it again. Your blank questionnaire will not be submitted.

I didn't neg you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by skatealexia
When I did it a few years ago, I wrote them on paper and then put them in all at once because I was scared about the session thing :P. I think there is a submit button, but not sure if it would save your responses. My memory is a bit dull after four years. :smile: No harm in paper, then one session in my opinion :smile:.

Thanks! So it is a PDF file you send or is it on a web page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't neg you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colondollar: sorry! someone did though... :lolwut:
Original post by dragonkeeper999
:colondollar: sorry! someone did though... :lolwut:

I equalised you both out with pos rep so shush now :tongue:
Thanks! So it is a PDF file you send or is it on a web page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was PDF for Liverpool.
Original post by skatealexia
I equalised you both out with pos rep so shush now :tongue:

Thank you! :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by SilverstarDJ
It was PDF for Liverpool.

About how long after you've sent your application do they send out the work experience forms. I am trying to organise some experience at a Mixed vets for my october half term so if they confirm it, it would be good to put on the form.
About how long after you've sent your application do they send out the work experience forms. I am trying to organise some experience at a Mixed vets for my october half term so if they confirm it, it would be good to put on the form.

Last year I recieved mine at the start of December. I think they send them anytime between October and December. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can put placements on the form up to December of the year you apply (or you used to anyway)

There used to be a 'future' section which counted placements after January.

I can;t remember when I got the form!
edinbugh uni has a work experience thingy, here is the website:

http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/vet/studying/uk-eu-school-leavers/work-experience/work-experience-form/work-experience-form

nottingham has one too but i think its more of a document thing than a questionnaire
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending