The Student Room Group

Why did my ex boyfriend text me? is he starting to miss me?

My ex broke up with me about a month ago. We had a very strong and intense chemistry and connection. We got on so well and we were good together. He asked me to be his girlfriend after like one date but I decided only after the 3rd date . We always missed each other and would always say that. He had really strong feelings for me said I love you after about 3 weeks and said it a lot. (think he got confused with lust) and then we were still so close and got on well always texted each other. I randmoly decided to text him I l love you. He didn't reply until I sent a text about anoter thing, Then the next day he said he's scared how things are moving between us and he didn't want a relationship til he met me. I don't know what it is. I'm afraid of hurting you and myself I'm just confused. I replied back he wasn't saying anything else so I kept messaging him about 3 times in a row in the space of 2 hours. In one of them I said "I thought you were a good guy. Though we had a connection but I don't want to be messed around by a guy who doesn't know what he wants. Then the next day I sent a long message then a replied saying Like I honestly don't know what's going on in my head. I really don't. I hurt when you said "I thought you were a good guy" I am. I've always treated you right. I just don't know what I want in life right now. I hate my job and most of my life to be honest. I'm not the right guy for you you deserve way better". That was his last message to me. I sent a couple back no reply and then about 3 days later one more and then 2 weeks later another one. I got no reply . So I started no contact for 30 days and now on the 21 day he texted me
"wanna hook up" this was at like 4am and is last seen was 4.30am so I think he was drunk. I know he's thinking of me even if it's not the way I want? he must still have feelings even though it might be a sexual as he's drunk. Do I reply? is this a sign he's thinking about me ? maybe starting to miss me? Also he already jumped into another relationship when he left me. I think the girl is a rebound. Why is he texting me?
Should I not reply and text something in a week or so at a more convenient time? just to test the waters.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My ex broke up with me about a month ago. We had a very strong and intense chemistry and connection. We got on so well and we were good together. He asked me to be his girlfriend after like one date but I decided only after the 3rd date . We always missed each other and would always say that. He had really strong feelings for me said I love you after about 3 weeks and said it a lot. (think he got confused with lust) and then we were still so close and got on well always texted each other. I randmoly decided to text him I l love you. He didn't reply until I sent a text about anoter thing, Then the next day he said he's scared how things are moving between us and he didn't want a relationship til he met me. I don't know what it is. I'm afraid of hurting you and myself I'm just confused. I replied back he wasn't saying anything else so I kept messaging him about 3 times in a row in the space of 2 hours. In one of them I said "I thought you were a good guy. Though we had a connection but I don't want to be messed around by a guy who doesn't know what he wants. Then the next day I sent a long message then a replied saying Like I honestly don't know what's going on in my head. I really don't. I hurt when you said "I thought you were a good guy" I am. I've always treated you right. I just don't know what I want in life right now. I hate my job and most of my life to be honest. I'm not the right guy for you you deserve way better". That was his last message to me. I sent a couple back no reply and then about 3 days later one more and then 2 weeks later another one. I got no reply . So I started no contact for 30 days and now on the 21 day he texted me
"wanna hook up" this was at like 4am and is last seen was 4.30am so I think he was drunk. I know he's thinking of me even if it's not the way I want? he must still have feelings even though it might be a sexual as he's drunk. Do I reply? is this a sign he's thinking about me ? maybe starting to miss me? Also he already jumped into another relationship when he left me. I think the girl is a rebound. Why is he texting me?
Should I not reply and text something in a week or so at a more convenient time? just to test the waters.

That is understandable actually.
Reply 2
Original post by Holby_fanatic
That is understandable actually.

What do you mean by that?
What do you mean by that?

If he hadn't met you yet then why would he want to call you his girlfriend? People are usually so much different in person.
Reply 4
If he hadn't met you yet then why would he want to call you his girlfriend? People are usually so much different in person.

No we have met I probably worded it wrong. We met up after 5days of talking and we continued meeting frequently and we got together fast and he's always liked me from the started and wanted me as his girlfriend and we did get together and was serious.
Reply 5

He just meant he wasn't looking for a relationship and then he met me he changed his mind and wanted one.
No we have met I probably worded it wrong. We met up after 5days of talking and we continued meeting frequently and we got together fast and he's always liked me from the started and wanted me as his girlfriend and we did get together and was serious.

He just meant he wasn't looking for a relationship and then he met me he changed his mind and wanted one.

Ohhhhh I follow now. Sorry, haha.

I think you should just try to forget about it and move on. He's clearly confused about stuff and probably not worth your time.
Reply 7
I'll leave it I still think I must be starting to be in his mind so he is missing me somewhat. I might text him next week at a more convenient time.
Reply 8
I re worded the paragraph better as it wasn't clear.

My ex broke up with me about a month ago. We had a very strong and intense chemistry and connection. We got on so well and we were good together. We met up frequently and we texted all the time. He asked me to be his girlfriend after like one date but I decided only after the 3rd date and we were serious from there . We always missed each other and would always say that. He had really strong feelings for me told he he was falling for me said I love you after about 3 weeks and said it a lot. (think he got confused with lust) and then we were still so close and got on well always texted each other. I randomly decided to text him I l love you I got confused. He didn't reply until I sent a text about another thing, Then the next day he said” I'm going to be honest pet. This is scaring me how fast things are going with us . I really had no intention of getting into a relationship until I met you . I don't know what it is. I'm afraid of hurting you and myself I'm just confused” I replied back he wasn't saying anything else so I kept messaging him about 3 times in a row in the space of 2 hours. In one of them I said "I thought you were a good guy. Though we had a connection but I don't want to be messed around by a guy who doesn't know what he wants. Then the next day I sent a long message then a replied saying Like I honestly don't know what's going on in my head. I really don't. I hurt when you said "I thought you were a good guy" I am. I've always treated you right. I just don't know what I want in life right now. I hate my job and most of my life to be honest. I'm not the right guy for you you deserve way better". That was his last message to me. I sent a couple back no reply and then about 3 days later one more and then 2 weeks later another one. I got no reply . So I started no contact for 30 days and now on the 21 day he texted me
Reply 9
Your his ex therefore you are probably more likely to say yes than some randomer. Worst case scenario.

He's drunk and unable to articulate his feelings but wants you back. Best case scenario.

Which one sounds more plausible? Probably some mixture leaning heavily towards the worse case in my opinion
Reply 10
Original post by natninja
Your his ex therefore you are probably more likely to say yes than some randomer. Worst case scenario.

He's drunk and unable to articulate his feelings but wants you back. Best case scenario.

Which one sounds more plausible? Probably some mixture leaning heavily towards the worse case in my opinion

Does it mean he is starting to think about or miss me in some way?
I won't reply I'm giving it time maybe he'll text again something better.
Reply 11
Does it mean he is starting to think about or miss me in some way?
I won't reply I'm giving it time maybe he'll text again something better.

I wouldn't count on it... but it is possible. I'd go with more likely that he's a bit confused from your original post.
Reply 12
Original post by natninja
I wouldn't count on it... but it is possible. I'd go with more likely that he's a bit confused from your original post.

Oh so he doesn't know what he wants? it's just so strange if he's seeing someone else why is he texting me?
I'm not texting back may say something in a week or so but nothing related to the message.
Personally I wouldn't reply - it sounds like he was drunk and wasn't really thinking straight.
If he is missing you he will text you again at a more appropriate time, or he will speak to you. But I wouldn't reply to a "booty call" - wait for him to make it clear if he is missing you.
Reply 14
Original post by Economics567
Personally I wouldn't reply - it sounds like he was drunk and wasn't really thinking straight.
If he is missing you he will text you again at a more appropriate time, or he will speak to you. But I wouldn't reply to a "booty call" - wait for him to make it clear if he is missing you.

If he does miss me will he text again? I must be starting to pop up in his mind in some way at the moment. When I thought I wasn't in his mind at all. I still can't help feeling his new relationship is a rebound and never really got over me just replaced me.
Reply 15
I texted him "Why did you text me?was you drunk?ha"
he replied instantly "Hahaha yeah. Sorry."
Reply 16
how often do you see him face to face?
If he was missing you and wanting to get back together, I doubt he would text "wanna hook up".

That basically means he's drunk and wants some and he thinks his best chance of having sex that night is with you. If he knows you still harbour feelings for him then he probably is right you are a likely option for sex.
Reply 18
Original post by tinshed
how often do you see him face to face?

We met every few days and at the weekend once. I haven't seen him in a month.
Reply 19
Original post by MagicNMedicine
If he was missing you and wanting to get back together, I doubt he would text "wanna hook up".

That basically means he's drunk and wants some and he thinks his best chance of having sex that night is with you. If he knows you still harbour feelings for him then he probably is right you are a likely option for sex.

I texted him saying "Why did you text me?was you drunk?ha"
He replied fast saying "Hahaha yeah. Sorry."
I then said "It's okay hope you're not too hungover :wink: "
He replied " haha thanks. I'm grand though still didn't answer? :P"
what should I say? or should I ask what he wants? what do I reply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending