The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Adult nursing starting in march 2014

Hey,

Was just wondering if anyone is starting adult nursing in march 2014, would be great to know a few people before starting. Couldnt find any other threads for people that are starting in march so thought i would create one to see if there is anyone else in the same boat as me. I am soo nervous but also excited to meet new people and learn different things... :smile:
Reply 1
Hi Nicole,

I'm starting at Staffs campus in March. I'm wondering what the age range will be on the course, as i'm 25 and have already studied a degree in Social Care & Health Studies at Wolves Uni, graduating in 2011. I live in Wolves and i'm still wondering whether to commute or house share in Staffs. Only problem with a house share is i'd prefer "mature house mates" as I feel I would struggle renting with the as I used to be "typical student". (Not that i'm stereotyping every student) I've secured a bank hca position at New Cross and my training is in January, so i'm hoping to be able to work a few shifts a month in order to boost my funds.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,
Ive applied for accommodation at stafford house as i live 2 hours away so there's no way i can commute aha. I am 18 but id say i am very mature for my age. And thats great, congrats on getting the job, I keep worrying about what to do for extra money such as a job while i am studying as i have not been out of work since leaving school and college so i am used to earning my own money etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Stafford court i mean ha..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ahh. Do you know anyone else who is also starting? I have no problems with age, it's just I know exactly what I was like when I was 18 and at Uni - not that everyone is going to be the same. I'm just digging myself a bigger hole here so I'm going to keep schtum. Why don't you check out see if there's any bank work available at Staffs hospital? Have you applied for all your funding?
Reply 5
No i dont know anyone else who is starting :/ thats what is making me more nervous. Haha, i know what you mean though. And thank you for that, ill look into that and see if there is anything. I have applied for all my funding, sent off the last piece of evidence for student finance and still need to send something off for NHS bursary. Have you applied for all of your funding?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ive applied for funding, im yet to send of my evidence! As ive supported myself throughout the years, its all evidence based which is a pain! Ill get there eventually! I only
Took my evidence in for my dbs on monday! Im rather looking forward to it though
Reply 7
Yeah i only went in on tuesday with the evidence for my DBS. Which was a real pain, all that way to be there not even two minutes! Im looking forward to it but nervous at the same time. Do you know anyone else thats starting the same time as us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I have no idea! Would be nice to do a meet before we start though? See if a few people look on here and start replying. Where you coming from? Enjoy this Christmas though, maybe the last non stressful one! Im taking full advantage of it haha.
Reply 9
Yeah it would.. And i live in rotherham, south Yorkshire. About 2hours away. Yeah im definately taking advantage of this christmas, make the most of it while we can haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hey. How was you Christmas. I got myself a new tablet to start Uni with. Hehe. Really looking forward to it now though. Really can't wait! Just over 2 months away, I can't believe how soon it is coming around!
Reply 11
Hey my christmas was fab thank you, how was yours? Thats cool :smile: i got a new satnav for christmas so i wont be getting lost anymore haha. I know as soon as the new year comes i think its going to fly. Excited but nervous :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending