Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone here studying History at Edinburgh? What are your experiences of the course and the teaching quality etc? Edinburgh seems to be lower than you'd expect in the student satisfaction ratings?

Thanks
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
bump
M!17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im looking to apply here for History in 2014 too.
mctruffle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
bump
mad-marek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing History - It's pretty good; you have to remember that you get what you put in, so don't expect to be spoon fed! On the intranet they put up all the slides of the lectures like 48 hours before hand, there are readings lists and model essays, guidance on how to write an essay and a 60 page student handbook.

Overall, they do loads to help you - you just have to pull your weight! The lectures are friendly, interesting and articulate, History is ace here
mctruffle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What would you say about the entry requirements? I've heard that you typically need AAA/A*AA to get the BBB offer but I'm still quite confused by the Scottish system :L. I'm predicted AAB with AABC at As and I'm not sure whether it's worth applying or not.
mad-marek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mctruffle)
What would you say about the entry requirements? I've heard that you typically need AAA/A*AA to get the BBB offer but I'm still quite confused by the Scottish system :L. I'm predicted AAB with AABC at As and I'm not sure whether it's worth applying or not.
I got in on AAC - One of my As was in History, however my C was in Spanish which I did AS and A2 in one year for; so they might have let me off. And it's always worth applying for.

My offer was for AAA.
mctruffle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got in on AAC - One of my As was in History, however my C was in Spanish which I did AS and A2 in one year for; so they might have let me off. And it's always worth applying for.

My offer was for AAA.
Nice, I imagine it's quite hard to get an offer though . How did you manage to do Spanish in one year? I was thinking of perhaps doing something like that but with German if I don't get into university this year.
mad-marek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mctruffle)
Nice, I imagine it's quite hard to get an offer though . How did you manage to do Spanish in one year? I was thinking of perhaps doing something like that but with German if I don't get into university this year.
My course is German and History - the only reason they let me in was probably due to me getting an A in German too lol
Kiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did British history in my first year at Edinburgh as an outside course and Early Modern Scottish history as an outside course in my second year. I found both to be taught excellently in an enjoyable environment with supportive staff to assist me, so if you're considering doing history at Edinburgh I certainly think you'd get a good experience out of it.
DomSad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm applying to Edinburgh and I achieved ABB at AS, with predictions of AABB. I feel like it's worth the risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jamesyboii64
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you get an offer? I know it’s late but I have similar predictions but mine are AAA grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.34%
I don't have everything I need (90)
37.66%

Watched Threads