whisperings
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Three years ago I had a place at King's to study English (the offer was AAB). However I withdrew my place as I wasn't ready for university and wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to study.
I now feel ready for university. Would I be able to reapply to King's for English? Would the fact I'd previously withdrawn harm my chances this time around?
username1278869
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by whisperings)
Three years ago I had a place at King's to study English (the offer was AAB). However I withdrew my place as I wasn't ready for university and wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to study.
I now feel ready for university. Would I be able to reapply to King's for English? Would the fact I'd previously withdrawn harm my chances this time around?
You can reapply but if the candidates this year are of a higher calibre than 3 years ago when you applied then you might not get an offer, also you'll have to say what you've been doing for the last 3 years
Yosho
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your former application probably won't have much affect other than that they know you were good enough last time for them to accept you - which is a good thing!

People change lifeplans and decisions about what they want to do, what and where to study all the time, throughout life. The fact that you did it just after leaving school and didn't know what you wanted to do at age 18 is thoroughly unsurprising and understandable and the fact you didn't just dive straight in with university anyway shows some independence and self determination.

Unless you've spent the entire intervening time curled up on the sofa eating crisps in front of episodes of Jeremy Kyle, I think it can only strengthen your application as you were previously offered a place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (360)
45.11%
No (84)
10.53%
I'm not old enough (354)
44.36%

Watched Threads