The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Accommodation at St Andrews University

I am hoping to stay in either the David Russell Apartments or the Agnes Blackadder Halls. They look great, do you have any comments or recommendations. I would like a single, en-suite room.
Original post by MAD MOP67
I am hoping to stay in either the David Russell Apartments or the Agnes Blackadder Halls. They look great, do you have any comments or recommendations. I would like a single, en-suite room.

I'm not sure about DRA, but I live in a twin ensuite in ABH. I guess it's an ok hall, if you want self-catered, I'm sure it's lovely. The kitchen can get quite crowded and dirty, and some of them are very small and ugly (like mine; it's a metal, industrial style kitchen, but other kitchens are quite nice). The thing about the bathroom is they have no counter space, and the showers flood really easily.

It's definitely closer to town than DRA, which is a plus. The one thing I've heard from arts students in DRA is that they end up just not going to lectures as it's so far away (I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone, just the people I know). I have heard that aside from that, most people seem to like DRA. ABH is a nice enough hall, I just don't like it very much. I have the problem of living right next to the kitchen, and almost every night there is a party in there and I get woken up at 2am by intoxicated people loudly going back to their rooms. I'm sure this is not the case with all kitchens though.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending