The Student Room Group

Help! Year 2 law!!!!!

Hello guys, I am really stressed out for year 2 of this law degree at uni. Last year I barely passed... passed 1/4 cwks first time and rest 3 after the second time :frown: and barely passed into year 2...had to re sit one module. I want to know what year 2 is like for some of the people who have been in year 2 and passed with a first or 2:1. I really want to get a first in my second year but the problem is that Im rubbish at writing legal/law courseworks because I havent had coursework based exams in a levels or gcse's so hence i dont have good skills on that area...what needs to be in a coursework to get a 1st! Also how do you progress and study or take effcient notes year round? how early to start revising and going through everything? Do you read just the books told by uni or read around it getting stuff from other books? also how to best apply lexisnexis/westlaw and what are they used for etc? Please help me! Im so stressed out!! :'(
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
It's likely your university will run some sort of extra curricular program to help students with essay writing and structuring, you could always try and use that. The most important aspects of getting a first is your knowledge and ability to analyse so if you can already do that well then bringing your essay writing skill to a higher level should make sure you achieve better than last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Read other books on the topic, cases and articles as they will help in your understanding of the topic.
Speak to your personal tutor or someone else in the department who can help you with essays such as structure and technique.
Keep your notes in order and in neat handwriting.. blessing when coming to revise.
There is no "best time" to start revising just do that little bit more note taking throughout the year and allow plenty of time for actual sat down revision.
If you have seminars that do essay based questions take more time on them, in my uni anyway they are based on what the exam may be like and this will also help you with your essay writing.
Hope I have helped
:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending