The Student Room Group

Further maths at a-level

I got an A in my maths gcse in y10 and I'm hoping to get an A* soon do you think if I put the effort in I could possibly do well in it or is it too hard as I've heard from many people

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not hard at all, but you can do the AS and judge from that. My personal opinion is that much of the further maths syllabus should be included as part of the standard A level. Matrices, for example, and polar and second order differential equations.
AS F.Maths is supposed to be of a similar difficultly to AS Maths (since they are similar units). If you can get an A*, and you really enjoy maths, I don't see why you shouldn't do it! Lots of people do it and do very well.
Reply 3
AS Further Maths is a poor representation of the entire A level. I found it to be my favourite A level as it was genuinely good fun sometimes :P I taught myself and found that when you don't quite understand something you tend to spend a long time staring at it until something clicks. Although this is time consuming, it's soooo satisfying when it works out haha.
So yhh, if you're prepared to work, which I'm sure you are, it is a great A level to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending