How long does it take to bike 50km?

Watch
Lucy Pevensie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm biking 50km from Macclesfield to Matlock this weekend with friends from uni. Im a bit worried that i cant keep up though. Can this be finished in say 8 hours? I've never biked this long before
aesir22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Easily. In much less than 8 hours!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You could do it in about half that
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You could probably walk it in 8 hours :erm:

50km is about 30 miles, would take about an hour and a half if you're good on a bike, maybe 2 and a half max.
Burkdog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not 1:30, two hours at a really good push
Savvyshark
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm just starting out and i did 10.1 km in just under 30 mins, so by those numbers, you should do a 50 km in roughly 2.5/3 hrs.. but of course, many other factors come in with extended distance such as food station stops, breaks, endurance levels etc.. Anyways, 50 km is what I want to be able to do for my next gran fondo
Mongolian sheep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I ride 50km often, at about 25-30kph avg and it takes about 2hrs
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucy Pevensie)
I'm biking 50km from Macclesfield to Matlock this weekend with friends from uni. Im a bit worried that i cant keep up though. Can this be finished in say 8 hours? I've never biked this long before
If you are riding 20 km/h average on your bike (without a break), you can even finish it in 2,5 hours.

The normal speed of a bicyclist is about 10 km/h and say you and your friends take a break in the meantime, you and your guys arrive the destination in about 6 hours, still less than 8 hours.
Gerald Mike
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't it will take more than 3 hours to complete the distance. Now it's upto you how much speed do you like to ride you bike.
ktsurua_ii
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was wondering the same thing. only thing is, i just learned how to ride a bike. :/ now i _realllly_ want to make a 50km cycle become true! it's my new goal!!
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucy Pevensie)
If you are an experienced biker with a speed about 30 miles at average, it is even done in two hours, even lesser.
i nonce for farm
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
silly cow i can hold my breath for 8 hours and still be raring for NOSH! you dandilion eating Turkish barber.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (42)
13.29%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
14.56%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (112)
35.44%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (32)
10.13%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
21.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
5.38%

Watched Threads