The Student Room Group

How long does it take to bike 50km?

I'm biking 50km from Macclesfield to Matlock this weekend with friends from uni. Im a bit worried that i cant keep up though. Can this be finished in say 8 hours? I've never biked this long before :smile:
Reply 1
Easily. In much less than 8 hours!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You could do it in about half that :smile:
You could probably walk it in 8 hours :erm:

50km is about 30 miles, would take about an hour and a half if you're good on a bike, maybe 2 and a half max.
Reply 4
Not 1:30, two hours at a really good push
I'm just starting out and i did 10.1 km in just under 30 mins, so by those numbers, you should do a 50 km in roughly 2.5/3 hrs.. but of course, many other factors come in with extended distance such as food station stops, breaks, endurance levels etc.. Anyways, 50 km is what I want to be able to do for my next gran fondo
I ride 50km often, at about 25-30kph avg and it takes about 2hrs
Original post by Lucy Pevensie
I'm biking 50km from Macclesfield to Matlock this weekend with friends from uni. Im a bit worried that i cant keep up though. Can this be finished in say 8 hours? I've never biked this long before :smile:

If you are riding 20 km/h average on your bike (without a break), you can even finish it in 2,5 hours.

The normal speed of a bicyclist is about 10 km/h and say you and your friends take a break in the meantime, you and your guys arrive the destination in about 6 hours, still less than 8 hours.
I don't it will take more than 3 hours to complete the distance. Now it's upto you how much speed do you like to ride you bike.
I was wondering the same thing. only thing is, i just learned how to ride a bike. :/ now i _realllly_ want to make a 50km cycle become true! it's my new goal!!
Original post by Lucy Pevensie

If you are an experienced biker with a speed about 30 miles at average, it is even done in two hours, even lesser.
silly cow i can hold my breath for 8 hours and still be raring for NOSH! you dandilion eating Turkish barber.

Quick Reply

Latest