The Student Room Group

Please Help!! As subjects... :(

Hey,
so basically its been about a month into sixth form and I have been constantly stressed out by, not workload, but subject choices. I've changed them a few times and people are getting annoyed... BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PATH TO GO DOWN! I started of with all sciency subjects because of my god damn parents even though i really enjoyed business, languages and english. I would have done them subjects BUT my school wouldnt run A level Japanese because i'm the only one who wanted to do it. :frown: :frown:
So yeah getting to the point: I know am doing Chemistry, Maths, Geography and English Literature
BUT recently they gave me the choice to study Japanese with the year 13's which I was happy about BUT i didnt know what to drop so that i could do japanese! This is because when I was younger I was always creative and arts orientated but now I would have to drop... well I don't know because what about a career using science??? (what have my parents put into my head...)
Anyway and yesterday I asked my business and economics teacher if I could still join his subject and he said yes but i'd have to catch up a months work and at the spur of the moment... I said yes and that I'd drop english lit.
But yeah now I have literally no time to decide anything and I need to decide where to swap in Business and Economics (can only swap with geography and english lit). Which 2 out of Geo, Eng and Business Economics do you think will be the most helpful and appealing to employers and uni's and I don't know....
btw I got 7A*s and 4As at GCSE.
For Maths which is my weakness I got an A, which I also recieved in Business and Economics (however I got full marks on the coursework etc).
On the other hand my stronger point is arts and languages as I got A*s in Eng Lit, Eng Lang, Japanese, Geography etc.
HELP ME PLEASE I'M CLUELESS ABOUT LIFE
Oh also careerwise although I would've loved something creative as a kid hairdressing, art, textiles, crafts etc), now I'm thinking business (/international business) stuff or science or .... you tell me ... please :wink:
THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO SPENT THE TIME TO READ THIS :biggrin:
You're my twin that I've never met I have exactly the same problem! I'm doing English lit, maths, chemistry and economics.

If you wanna do arts, I would think English is better, but that's about the only help I can give you, sorry! Good luck with your choices, I hope you resolve it soon. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Aww thanks for replying! wow I didn't know I had a twin :wink: he he but yeah its nice to know someone else feels the same :smile:. Hmm I think your subject combo is really good - I'd do the same but my school doesn't do economics by itself (ANNOYING) which is seen as a 'proper/tradional' subject and I'd be happy to swap it with geography! But we only have business and economicstogether so if I drop maths at As I'd
be left with a 'soft a-level' and my subjects might be random ( chem, business, english ) BUT I don't know... Sadtimes
Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome :smile: Geography and English would probably be the most appealing, and you could always learn Japanese out of school. I think English Lit, Geo, Chem and Maths is a varied and strong subject combination. Honestly, don't worry, pick subjects you like and let that take you to your dreams! (that's how I like to think, anyway...) :P

Quick Reply

Latest