Turn on thread page Beta

Do I Still Have a Chance for DENTISTRY? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HELLO TO ALL...
    i want to do dentistry and im at my second year of a-level... i got unsuccessful to study dentistry at Kings which i was disappointed, the main reason for my rejection was because (i think) my predicted grades were low (BBBB).. after my january results my predicted grades are now AABB so my school wrote a refrence to Kings Uni and explaining the fact that my predicted grades have now changed due TO MY RECENT RESULTS.. do i have chance to get in?..do they consider applicant like me?????
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nazy)
    HELLO TO ALL...
    i want to do dentistry and im at my second year of a-level... i got unsuccessful to study dentistry at Kings which i was disappointed, the main reason for my rejection was because (i think) my predicted grades were low (BBBB).. after my january results my predicted grades are now AABB so my school wrote a refrence to Kings Uni and explaining the fact that my predicted grades have now changed due TO MY RECENT RESULTS.. do i have chance to get in?..do they consider applicant like me?????
    thanx
    I think by now it's unlikly that they would reconsider your application (the vast majority of interviews will have been carried out and all the offers given). Your best bet now is to take a gap year and reapply after A-levels. If you do that though, don't just use it as a year off, - do something constructive - work, get more work experience, travel, - it can work to your advantage in your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    your probably goign to have to take a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    you could go through clearing, although i dont know if you can reapply to the same college through UCAS extra.

the hell is the point of being a dentist, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajuredrum)

the hell is the point of being a dentist, anyway?
    Was there any point in saying that?

And to nazy; - did you only apply to Kings or to other dental school aswell? Would you only consider going to Kings to study dentistry? I've heard that Kings dental school is one of the hardest to get into due to its popularity, though I'm not sure if this is true, - perhaps you may have more luck elsewhere. Manchester had places in clearing for dentistry last year, though I don't know how likely it is that it'll happen again this year. Realistically, you should set your sights or reapplying next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    come now chappie, i was only kidding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajuredrum)
    come now chappie, i was only kidding.
    Shame, I was looking forward to getting on my high horse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)

And to nazy; - did you only apply to Kings or to other dental school aswell? Would you only consider going to Kings to study dentistry? I've heard that Kings dental school is one of the hardest to get into due to its popularity, though I'm not sure if this is true, - perhaps you may have more luck elsewhere. Manchester had places in clearing for dentistry last year, though I don't know how likely it is that it'll happen again this year. Realistically, you should set your sights or reapplying next year.
    the same refrence has been sent to Queen M as well.... hope i get into at least one caz i really dont want to take a gap year...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.