UCL Natural Sciences 2014 Entry Watch

PG593
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, just wanted to make a thread for any prospective students that are applying to Natural Sciences (BSc or Masters) at UCL for September 2014. I've already submitted mine for the Masters program to UCAS and would like to know what you think about the course here or the university itself, student life, night life or other universities that you've picked for Natural Sciences and how Natural Sciences is taught there. Feel free to share :angelwings:
Dominic101
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I'm thinking of applying to the natural sciences and also the physics programs good luck with your application
PG593
(Original post by Dominic101)
Hi I'm thinking of applying to the natural sciences and also the physics programs good luck with your application
Cool, where else are you thinking of applying? I've heard quite a few good things from my cousin who studying physics at UCL
Dominic101
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PG593)
Cool, where else are you thinking of applying? I've heard quite a few good things from my cousin who studying physics at UCL
I'm thinking of imperial(doubt i'll get in) bristol and edinburgh computatinal physics and cool what was your cousin saying?
yhyungryul
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I also applied for this course this year! When do you think we'll get a reply? (I'm an international applicant though...)
arj567
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applied back in October and still waiting for a reply
PG593
Hey guys, hope your applications are going well, I got invited to the UCL open day recently, had a small friendly interview and was given a tour. The place looks fantastic and a few short days following, I was given an unconditional for the Masters course Good luck to the rest of you!
Pras123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I've been invited to an open day on the 27th Feb ans was just wondering what the interview was like? What kind of question did they ask?
Thanks
AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have an open day interview this week, 6/02/14, hopefully it all goes well! Really don't know what to expect

Can I bring my friend with me to the Open Day btw?
PG593
(Original post by Pras123)
Hi, I've been invited to an open day on the 27th Feb ans was just wondering what the interview was like? What kind of question did they ask?
Thanks
(Original post by AnharM)
I have an open day interview this week, 6/02/14, hopefully it all goes well! Really don't know what to expect

Can I bring my friend with me to the Open Day btw?
The interview is really friendly, an informal chat to give you the chance to talk about your interests etc. Just be enthusiastic, show them your passion and you should be fine. I'm sure you can, they probably would have to wait inside somewhere. Unfortunately this is only my backup choice, the rest of my choices are for Medicine so it's still awhile until I can decide. Best of luck to you guys though, I'm sure you'll both get it
Dhruvdwain
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PG593)
The interview is really friendly, an informal chat to give you the chance to talk about your interests etc. Just be enthusiastic, show them your passion and you should be fine. I'm sure you can, they probably would have to wait inside somewhere. Unfortunately this is only my backup choice, the rest of my choices are for Medicine so it's still awhile until I can decide. Best of luck to you guys though, I'm sure you'll both get it
Hi, congrats on getting the offer haha, what sort of questions did they ask? Any science-based questions to judge ability?

Thanks
PG593
(Original post by Dhruvdwain)
Hi, congrats on getting the offer haha, what sort of questions did they ask? Any science-based questions to judge ability?

Thanks
Yes, they gave me a science graph to analyse and interpret nothing to trip you up on. Be calm and confident, UCL is a great place, good luck!
Pras123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have my open day tomorrow and was just wondering if people wore formal or informal clothing?
jo7777
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pras123)
Have my open day tomorrow and was just wondering if people wore formal or informal clothing?
I was there on Thursday too!
Let me know if you get any emails and I should start to worry :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.7%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.53%

Watched Threads