The Student Room Group

Civil and Environmental Engineering Applicants 2014

Couldn't see a thread so I thought I'd make one.

Anyone applying for civil and environmental engineering for 2014 entry?

I'm applying to Exeter, Aberdeen, Cardiff, Queen's Belfast and Surrey (just civil) :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm also applying for Civil Engineering Meng:

I've applied to: Imperial, Bristol, Oxford, Manchester and UCL.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
It's the course I want to do, once I have gone through the Access course. Hoping to stay here in Bristol to study it, so we will see what happens :smile:
Reply 3
Are there no more Civil Engineering Applicants on TSR!!! Come on, post yourself... we don't bite :wink:
Reply 4
I've applied for civil/civil and environmental engineering MEng for 2014. Got an unconditional from Strathclyde 2 days after submitting my ucas :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Lulu96
I've applied for civil/civil and environmental engineering MEng for 2014. Got an unconditional from Strathclyde 2 days after submitting my ucas :biggrin:

Where else have you applied?
What are your grades?
Reply 6
Wooo a thread for the civil group.

GCSE: 3A* 6A
A-level: A*aab in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics respectively
Uni's: Birmingham (offer), Bristol (offer), UCL (selection day soon), Imperial (recruitment day soon), Cambridge (still waiting for an interview/rejection).
Reply 7
Original post by `God
Wooo a thread for the civil group.

GCSE: 3A* 6A
A-level: A*aab in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics respectively
Uni's: Birmingham (offer), Bristol (offer), UCL (selection day soon), Imperial (recruitment day soon), Cambridge (still waiting for an interview/rejection).

Welcome to the thread, my friend :wink:
Reply 8
At last! Thought I was the only one applying for civil lol. Got AAAB for AS in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry respectively.Predicted A*AAA. Applying to Imperial, Bath, Surrey, Southampton and UCL. Need to send my application off soon. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by SupaFlyKaru
At last! Thought I was the only one applying for civil lol. Got AAAB for AS in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry respectively.Predicted A*AAA. Applying to Imperial, Bath, Surrey, Southampton and UCL. Need to send my application off soon. :smile:

what are your GCSE's?
Applying for a Civil Engineering BEng here in Liverpool. Nice to meet you fellow civil applicants!
Reply 11
Original post by GMT
Where else have you applied?
What are your grades?

I've applied to Aberdeen and Heriot Watt universities and still to submitt my other two.
im from Scotland so different exams but
intermediate 2 (gcse) 8A1s
higher 5As in maths English physics geography and history
advanced higher maths and physics predicted B/A and A respectively
Reply 12
Original post by Lulu96
I've applied to Aberdeen and Heriot Watt universities and still to submitt my other two.
im from Scotland so different exams but
intermediate 2 (gcse) 8A1s
higher 5As in maths English physics geography and history
advanced higher maths and physics predicted B/A and A respectively

Ok :smile:
Good luck to you all :smile:
Reply 13
I'm applying for civil engineering at Imperial, Bristol, Bath, Warwick and Cambridge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
If I may ask you all why did you apply for civil engineering I was told I should do this but dismissed it as I thought it is is low demand
I chose it because it gives me the chance to improve the environment through my career which is something I'm passionate about. I'm also intrigued by the fact that what we design will go on to be used by hundreds of people on a daily basis.

Not to mention there's a nationwide shortage of civil engineers right now here in the UK, so now's a good time to go in to the profession.
Reply 16
Original post by DannyYYYY
Not to mention there's a nationwide shortage of civil engineers right now here in the UK, so now's a good time to go in to the profession.

Where did you get this fact/statistic from?
No problem.

Can anyone recommend any books to read regarding civil engineering?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest