Good luck at your interview!! How did it go?? :smile:
Reply 41
Ive got an interview at Cardiff but not until february wts it like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by sbabz11
Good luck at your interview!! How did it go?? :smile:

Thank you!
It was really nice, the professor that interviewed me didn't really ask me a technical question but those who did helped you through it.
They basically told a fair few of us that we probably had offers, and that if you attend the interview day you are most likely to get one :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by doris20sr
Thank you!
It was really nice, the professor that interviewed me didn't really ask me a technical question but those who did helped you through it.
They basically told a fair few of us that we probably had offers, and that if you attend the interview day you are most likely to get one :smile:

So glad to hear! It doesn't sound that bad what type of group project did you guys do? :smile:
Reply 44
Had my recruitment day at Imperial, wasn't that bad :smile:.
Reply 45
Original post by sbabz11
So glad to hear! It doesn't sound that bad what type of group project did you guys do? :smile:

We had to make a bridge out of straws and see how much it would hold :smile:
Reply 46
We had to make a bridge out of straws and see how much it would hold :smile:

Yaa same here, what was the technical question they asked you? :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by sbabz11
Yaa same here, what was the technical question they asked you? :smile:

I didn't really have one! The professor taught me differentiation by parts as I haven't learnt it yet and then he told me about Poisson's ratio.
How did yours go? :smile:
Hey guys just wondering how many of you guys are going to the UCAS Day at UCL for civ eng on this wednesday?
Reply 49
I didn't really have one! The professor taught me differentiation by parts as I haven't learnt it yet and then he told me about Poisson's ratio.
How did yours go? :smile:

He didn't get time to ask me because we were talking about my work experience and stuff so we lost track of time :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by coolguy12321
Hey guys just wondering how many of you guys are going to the UCAS Day at UCL for civ eng on this wednesday?

I'll be going. Got a Cambridge interview the day after though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Hey, 4th year (Master's) civ eng student here. If you guys have any questions, I'll happily answer them to the best of my ability.
Original post by surfer391
Hey, 4th year (Master's) civ eng student here. If you guys have any questions, I'll happily answer them to the best of my ability.

How did you find the level of maths involved in the degree?

Is it true a civil engineering degree is like 7 degrees in 1 due to the broad range of topics you cover?

That's all I can think of right now, thanks. :tongue:
Reply 53

¿Where are you studying?
Some of us might be applying there :smile:
Reply 54

Where do you study, if you don't mind asking? And, generally, how are things looking at your uni? :smile:
Reply 55
Danny - I'm not gonna lie, most of the degree revolves around maths and it's pretty tough. It's not maths as you know it though, the pure form which you learn in A-levels I find very different to the applied maths which you'll use every day in your degree. It's no doubt a lot more more interesting though.

If you end up doing any engineering subject you will be the hardest working students on campus without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if I've worked 4 or 5 times as hard as others to get my degree. I've worked 12 hours a day in the last week alone! There are a lot of topics but see this as a good thing - you get a great flavour of where your degree could take you after you graduate.

Others - I'm at Exeter. Found it to be a great uni, solid top 10 for engineering now, not sure why it doesn't show up for the specified degrees but I can say that I work harder than my mates at Bristol and Cardiff, so don't discredit it just because it doesn't show up. A lot of money getting pumped into the uni and engineering department so expect it to keep rising up those tables.
Reply 56
Danny - I'm not gonna lie, most of the degree revolves around maths and it's pretty tough. It's not maths as you know it though, the pure form which you learn in A-levels I find very different to the applied maths which you'll use every day in your degree. It's no doubt a lot more more interesting though.

If you end up doing any engineering subject you will be the hardest working students on campus without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if I've worked 4 or 5 times as hard as others to get my degree. I've worked 12 hours a day in the last week alone! There are a lot of topics but see this as a good thing - you get a great flavour of where your degree could take you after you graduate.

Others - I'm at Exeter. Found it to be a great uni, solid top 10 for engineering now, not sure why it doesn't show up for the specified degrees but I can say that I work harder than my mates at Bristol and Cardiff, so don't discredit it just because it doesn't show up. A lot of money getting pumped into the uni and engineering department so expect it to keep rising up those tables.

So, do you think that the fact that I'm doing advanced higher maths will help me in civil engineering at uni? :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by theziutas
So, do you think that the fact that I'm doing advanced higher maths will help me in civil engineering at uni? :smile:

It certainly won't hurt. Especially if you do M2 or M3, didn't take the mechanics further than that in my first year. It also depends on whether you take a gap year or not, as I hear most people forget a lot of their maths by they time they get to uni if they do take an extra year out.
Reply 58
It certainly won't hurt. Especially if you do M2 or M3, didn't take the mechanics further than that in my first year. It also depends on whether you take a gap year or not, as I hear most people forget a lot of their maths by they time they get to uni if they do take an extra year out.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Maths! I'm predicted an A band 1, and I rarely do any stuff at home.. I will start do some past papers soon, but everything comes so easily! My Art teachers says that I'm crazy, because doing Advanced Higher Maths and Higher Art don't match.
And no, I'm planning to go to uni straight after school, next September :smile:
Reply 59

Hey, if you don't mind me asking what made you choose Exeter? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending