How are we supposed to find love if we're not prepared to look for it???? Watch

This discussion is closed.
littleredfrog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
how do we find it??? does it not exist??? or is that we're just too ignorant to look for it???

i know that some say that it will just come to you adn that ,ove will find you eventually, but is that just something that we are prepared to believe that wont ever happen????

love is a tangle of trust and lies and maybe some deceet. love can sometimes be amazing if you find the right person to share it with.

how many people rreally find true love and spend the rest of their lives with that person??? not very many, only a lucky few.

so love can be amazing and yet it i think that it is sometimes a superstition, it simply cannot find us, its not something that liuves its something that lives inside a person. therefore meaning that we have to look for it ourselves.
SpAnIsH_fLy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Most of us actually set our selves up for faliure, we expect too much from love...or whatever, so in the end we are all alone. Many people dont know how to separate love from sex, beacuse in many cases they are two very different things.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by littleredfrog)
how do we find it??? does it not exist??? or is that we're just too ignorant to look for it???

i know that some say that it will just come to you adn that ,ove will find you eventually, but is that just something that we are prepared to believe that wont ever happen????

love is a tangle of trust and lies and maybe some deceet. love can sometimes be amazing if you find the right person to share it with.

how many people rreally find true love and spend the rest of their lives with that person??? not very many, only a lucky few.

so love can be amazing and yet it i think that it is sometimes a superstition, it simply cannot find us, its not something that liuves its something that lives inside a person. therefore meaning that we have to look for it ourselves.
You seem to have a screwed up idea of what love is. Ppl seem to have too many expectations, love is a wonderful thing but it doesnt happen like in the movies. In order to maintain a loving relationship you need to work hard and sometimes comprimise and make sacrafices.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
You seem to have a screwed up idea of what love is. Ppl seem to have too many expectations, love is a wonderful thing but it doesnt happen like in the movies. In order to maintain a loving relationship you need to work hard and sometimes comprimise and make sacrafices.
But people still want to find that sort of love, and a few people do obtain it.
But very few.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's usually under your nose. It's always there, be it in one form or another. And you eventually feel it, when it's too late, when it's no longer there.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
It's usually under your nose. It's always there, be it in one form or another. And you eventually feel it, when it's too late, when it's no longer there.
whats with all these love threads all of a sudden. cmon, does nobody listen to the darkness? love is just a feeling
criscros
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
whats with all these love threads all of a sudden. cmon, does nobody listen to the darkness? love is just a feeling
...drifting away
everytime i step outside i start believing
anyway

[guitar solo]

love is only a feeling.....

THE DARKNESS - GLASTONBURY 2004
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Simple. Am listening to "Four page letter".
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The greatest love is the love that you experience everyday, through friends and family who are with you through your triumphs and disasters. The other type of love is merely passion ignited but over time this will fade if not rekindled. Therefore, how strong can this 'love' truly be?
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I disagree completely. True love is the kind you share with ONE person. I can't explain it, but it's brilliant
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You'd get bored with everyone after a while

Promiscuity is the way forward!
theedge
Report 14 years ago
I think one finds love when one has the right attitude. By this I mean, when one is prepared to find it.
You don´t find love just because you want to be with someone. You find love when you want to share your life with someone and you are willing to make the effort that includes making some sacrifices and being less selfish, among others.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theedge)
I think one finds love when one has the right attitude. By this I mean, when one is prepared to find it.
You don´t find love just because you want to be with someone. You find love when you want to share your life with someone and you are willing to make the effort that includes making some sacrifices and being less selfish, among others.
Bugger then.
_meiko_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and once you find it the other person doesnt feel the same for you, not the same way....
valcandy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I like that quote
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Love doesn’t exist
DazzYaa7
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
Love doesn’t exist
ummmm i don't think so.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know what, ive sat here for 10 min trying to give an answer to that question, and for once, I cant!
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
You know what, ive sat here for 10 min trying to give an answer to that question, and for once, I cant!
Same here! It's so odd because I tend to have some sort of answer to most things.. :eek:
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Looks at Dictionary: Love: A strong affection or feeling towards another person, a feeling of warm personal attachment...

Question: HOw are we supposed to find it if we cant be bothered to look for it?

What I think at this point in time: Can love be simply 'found'? or is it grown? Is it that we cant be bothered looking becuase we automatically assume that it will come to us or we will 'get lucky'? Are we afraid to look incase we fail? Or are we fulfilled within our lives and ourselves that we are replacing material posessions, pets, vanity etc, in place of finding love. Having said this, Do we feel a need for love in this day and age? Do we assume that having love makes us stronger? Or weaker? Does it depend on whether you are female or male?

I think that bassed upon outside stimuli IE Clothing, Movies, pets etc.. we feel less of a need to go looking becuase we are so sure that it is automatic, that one day we will come upon it by chance.

There, a while later and im a little worn out and now im asking all sorts of questions that cant be answered!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (30)
27.27%
No - I got the required grades (66)
60%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.73%

Watched Threads