The Student Room Group

A2 Economics - F585 The Global Economy 3 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben_S96
Out of interest, what do you think 100 UMS would be in raw marks on this paper?

Full marks 60
Original post by prabhss
Full marks 60

Really? Does it not work like maths? I never thought full UMS was always full marks, especially in A2.
Original post by Ben_S96
Really? Does it not work like maths? I never thought full UMS was always full marks, especially in A2.

For economics 100 ums is deffo full marks, 80 is an A 70 is a B 60 is a C and so on check ums grade boundaries on OCR to make sure though
Original post by prabhss
For economics 100 ums is deffo full marks, 80 is an A 70 is a B 60 is a C and so on check ums grade boundaries on OCR to make sure though

There was a year when the raw mark for work and leisure was 45 for 90 UMS...surely you'd be looking at around 55/56 for full UMS for that year? And am I right in thinking for an A* you need 80 UMS average with 90 UMS average in the A2 units?
Original post by Ben_S96

i doubt it will be 60/60 for full UMS. i reckon about 46/60 should grab 80 UMS on this, 51 should take 90, then around 56 should be enough for full UMS.
hi guys is there a mark scheme for this anywhere
Original post by Fas
i doubt it will be 60/60 for full UMS. i reckon about 46/60 should grab 80 UMS on this, 51 should take 90, then around 56 should be enough for full UMS.

Not sure about 46 for an A...I thought section A was much harder than previous section A's. That was me personally though.
Original post by Ben_S96
Not sure about 46 for an A...I thought section A was much harder than previous section A's. That was me personally though.

ah well i dunno then. it was quite easy for me because practically all the questions i had predicted and answered beforehand. think Q1B) was the only one i hadn't answered before, but i had answered an extremely similar one to it before.
Original post by Fas
ah well i dunno then. it was quite easy for me because practically all the questions i had predicted and answered beforehand. think Q1B) was the only one i hadn't answered before, but i had answered an extremely similar one to it before.

Haha! I've got this thread confused with the work and leisure one! Apologies. I found Global Economy a really good exam and moreorless predicted the whole paper so your estimates are probably accurate.
Original post by Ben_S96
Haha! I've got this thread confused with the work and leisure one! Apologies. I found Global Economy a really good exam and moreorless predicted the whole paper so your estimates are probably accurate.

haha its fine :tongue: yeah the global economy was good, so betting on 46 for an A, for work and leisure im gonna reckon 42/43 for an A? it's usually around that, and this Work and Leisure paper wasn't much harder than standard.
Original post by Fas
haha its fine :tongue: yeah the global economy was good, so betting on 46 for an A, for work and leisure im gonna reckon 42/43 for an A? it's usually around that, and this Work and Leisure paper wasn't much harder than standard.

Yeah. Hopefully I've got a strong A* for global. And 42/43 sounds about right, maybe even 40. Which question did you pick for work and leisure? I did 4. I really hope my F582 resit went well too.
Original post by Ben_S96
Yeah. Hopefully I've got a strong A* for global. And 42/43 sounds about right, maybe even 40. Which question did you pick for work and leisure? I did 4. I really hope my F582 resit went well too.

Dw about it now boys! Enjoy your holidays 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by prabhss
Dw about it now boys! Enjoy your holidays 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying mate! I find it really hard not to worry 😕
Just wana say a quick thanks to everyone in this thread for all the model answers and revision notes and whatnot. Managed to go from getting Ds in my mock exams to getting 98 UMS in the final paper. Thanks a lot guys.
Original post by Genericblackkid
Just wana say a quick thanks to everyone in this thread for all the model answers and revision notes and whatnot. Managed to go from getting Ds in my mock exams to getting 98 UMS in the final paper. Thanks a lot guys.

Wow good job! Great improvement! I was also pleasantly surprised with this paper! (100ums) :colondollar::colone:
I got 96 ums on F585 and 82 ums on F584- 2 ums off an A* :wink:
Yeah thanks every one on this thread aswell i got 100 in global and 82 in work and leisure just scraped that A*
Reply 1997
I got 78 ums marks in my as exam and 78UMS in my other as exam. i got 100 ums in my global economy exam and 76 in work and leisure over all i got an A. How far off would you say i am from an A*
Original post by KER96
I got 78 ums marks in my as exam and 78UMS in my other as exam. i got 100 ums in my global economy exam and 76 in work and leisure over all i got an A. How far off would you say i am from an A*

4ums off an A*- i was 2 ums off
I got 100 in this exam and 96 in transport so I'm pretty chuffed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending