The Student Room Group

Should i do a GDL after economics undergrad?

I am an italian student graduating in economics and finance next spring, expecting a 2.1.
I spent a year off before university working in London, i am fluent in english (IELTS 8/9) did an internship in corporate finance and a summer school in financial markets at LSE.

i am interested in banking/ finance / corporate law areas and would ideally love to land a Training contract after GDL.

My alternatives would be getting a master degree in finance (20-30k per year) and fight for an internship in a ultra competitive market.

should i go for a GDL next year? Wich percentage of students enroll in a conversion degree with a training contract already?

thank you for any answers
Reply 1
Most big law firms tend to have a 50-50 intake between law and non-law trainees. I have an acquaintance at White & Case that did her undergrad in Economics and then the GDL. Ideally, you should focus on the Banking/Capital Markets/Corporate law firms who tend to make their money in finance (there are a lot of those!)

It's definitely possible, but your background, where you got your Economics degree from, how well you network. All of that makes a huge difference as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending