The Student Room Group

AQA English Language help?

I'm really struggeling with the timings, my teacher reccomended us to spend 12 minutes on questions 1, 2 and 3 and 20 minutes on question 4. I think I've cracked question 1, but the others I can't do within the time! Does anyone have any tips on getting all questions done in time (btw this is just for the Reading questions).
Original post by vickyannexo
I'm really struggeling with the timings, my teacher reccomended us to spend 12 minutes on questions 1, 2 and 3 and 20 minutes on question 4. I think I've cracked question 1, but the others I can't do within the time! Does anyone have any tips on getting all questions done in time (btw this is just for the Reading questions).

I think there are some good resources on the AQA English Language thread in regards to timing and what to include in the questions
The main thing that will help you keep to time is to pick the most important information which you write first and trying to not waffle by including weaker points- as they tend to dampen your overall response
Hope that helps- I did English Language in Jan this year (I know what I'm talking about)
Original post by vickyannexo

Yeah like the person above but I did it in June, all you have to do is write quality not quantity. Likewise I always found question 1 easiest to do in the time period. All I did was got structures for each question so i knew i could write in the time limit for each. Structures I believe got me from a E in my mock to a C lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending