The Student Room Group

Just out of curiosity, which universities are rumored to hand out early offers?

I have once come across a post that said that King's "hands out offers like tic-tacs" and I was wondering if other universities are rumored to be like that as well? :tongue:

Also, which unis (if anyone knows/has experienced it) tend to give out early offers rather than waiting for all applications to be given in by the Jan deadline :smile:?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I did my applications I had my offers from Exeter, Oxford and Bristol well before christmas but I had to wait a long time to hear anything from Imperial or Durham...
Original post by Crystals1001
I have once come across a post that said that King's "hands out offers like tic-tacs" and I was wondering if other universities are rumored to be like that as well? :tongue:

Also, which unis (if anyone knows/has experienced it) tend to give out early offers rather than waiting for all applications to be given in by the Jan deadline :smile:?

I know a few people have had offers from York already :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

not sure for which course you guys are applying but I think York gives early offers for medics since they have certain threshold of ukcat score abve which you get automatic interview
Reply 4
Original post by natninja
When I did my applications I had my offers from Exeter, Oxford and Bristol well before christmas but I had to wait a long time to hear anything from Imperial or Durham...

wow, sounds like you are an amazing student. May I juste ask to which uni you finally went?
Reply 5
Original post by Aniaa
wow, sounds like you are an amazing student. May I juste ask to which uni you finally went?

Oxford, though that isn't really of relevance to the thread... incidentally Durham rejected me...
Reply 6
Oxford, though that isn't really of relevance to the thread... incidentally Durham rejected me...

yeah I know but I was just curious :biggrin:
Reply 7

That's brilliant! I heard that Bristol tend to only give out early offers to exceptionally talented people.

I just saw your post about Oxford. Amazing. May I ask what course?
I got my Southampton one 10 days after I sent my application. Mind you, that was three years ago.
Reply 9
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?? :O What course was it for?? I actually never knew that York had the UKCAT threshold thing for medics
Liverpool did for me and a mate last year. Different courses, so it wasn't just a departmental thing.
Reply 11
That's brilliant! I heard that Bristol tend to only give out early offers to exceptionally talented people.

I just saw your post about Oxford. Amazing. May I ask what course?

For my course they gave out early offers to about a quarter I believe (at least that is how many people they invited to the pre-offer open day before x-mas and they basically asked 'do you want an offer?')

May you ask?! Certainly not! I study Physics :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Rascacielos
I got my Southampton one 10 days after I sent my application. Mind you, that was three years ago.

For a second there I thought you meant you sent off your application 3 days ago but obviously you were referring to your getting the actual offer.. :P that's really great though; for what course? I'm applying to Southampton too most probably.

I got quick offers from Bath, Bristol and Warwick (i.e. in October). Apply early, unis often don't wait for January.
Reply 14
For my course they gave out early offers to about a quarter I believe (at least that is how many people they invited to the pre-offer open day before x-mas and they basically asked 'do you want an offer?')

May you ask?! Certainly not! I study Physics :smile:

I'M APPLYING FOR PHYSICS THIS YEAR!!! :biggrin: So glad I found you. I was actually considering Bristol but changed my mind.

I'm not surprised about Imperial and Durham, though, they tend to take eons to reply apparently. But in their faces - you're in Oxford now. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by munazic483
Liverpool did for me and a mate last year. Different courses, so it wasn't just a departmental thing.

Ahh a friend of mine applied to Liverpool and I think she got an early offer as well
Reply 16
Original post by sparrowhawk4
I got quick offers from Bath, Bristol and Warwick (i.e. in October). Apply early, unis often don't wait for January.

I read somewhere that Bath especially tend to give candidates an "equal" chance so refrain from giving early offers but now I know universities don't really follow what they preach. :P Yeah I'm definitely applying early (or trying to.)
Reply 17
I'M APPLYING FOR PHYSICS THIS YEAR!!! :biggrin: So glad I found you. I was actually considering Bristol but changed my mind.

I'm not surprised about Imperial and Durham, though, they tend to take eons to reply apparently. But in their faces - you're in Oxford now. :smile:

Well I couldn't be bothered to wait for Imperial so I withdrew that one XD but I think I had to wait until almost Easter holidays to hear from Durham, Imperial invited me to interview some time in February but apparently Durham and Imperial can either be really quick or really slow... Also WHOO PHYSICS!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
I read somewhere that Bath especially tend to give candidates an "equal" chance so refrain from giving early offers but now I know universities don't really follow what they preach. :P Yeah I'm definitely applying early (or trying to.)

Oh that's interesting? A friend of mine got a VERY early offer from Bath...
I've applied to Exeter and Oxford, which have been discussed here as giving fairly early offers, and also Southampton which I hear gives pretty early offers, but does anyone know about Sheffield or St Andrews? Just roughly of course.

Quick Reply

Latest