Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys.

    Basically, I went to college at 16, had no drive and failed. Now I am determined to go back. However, I rang up and found out that I was not available for the adult learns loan, and there was no loans for the A level language courses which I want to do.
    From what was said on the phone, it would cost upwards of £6000, much of which would have to be paid upfront, not something I'd be able to get a hold of by next September.

    Am I entitled to a student loan? I have never had one before, and if I do get one, would I be unable to get one when going to Uni?

    I am employed, living at home, and wish to do Spanish, Japanese and Law at Manchester College. I am 22. Thanks for your help.

    Student Finance only covers uni-level study, so you can't get loans or grants that way. The 24+ Learning Loan is for A Level or equivalent study, but - as you might suspect - for those who are 24 or over. Someone else here might know of other sources for those under 24.

    I retured to college at 19 after doing a crappy diploma and a year gap. And my college said the only way to basically do the course for free was to prove i couldnt pay for it by going onto jobseekers.im now doing A2 but had to sign on again this summer to also get the second year free.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.