Turn on thread page Beta

Help into Midwifery!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm 18 and I'm currently studying Level 2 BTEC Health And Social Care and obviously i know i have to go up to level 3 to even think about university.

But i know how hard Midwifery is to get into, i was just wondering whilst i'm still at a lower level, is there any way to boost my chances?
    I've already ''tried'' volunteering at Kings College Hospital, but its a pain in the bum to get too and costed too much!

Many Thanks,
    Aimee

xoxo
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aimeeimber)
    Hello!

I'm 18 and I'm currently studying Level 2 BTEC Health And Social Care and obviously i know i have to go up to level 3 to even think about university.

But i know how hard Midwifery is to get into, i was just wondering whilst i'm still at a lower level, is there any way to boost my chances?
    I've already ''tried'' volunteering at Kings College Hospital, but its a pain in the bum to get too and costed too much!

Many Thanks,
    Aimee

xoxo
    Hi Aimee! Sorry I don't really have any useful advice to give, but I've moved your thread to another part of the forum where you're more likely to get advice.

ReputationRep:
    You have to do loads of voluntary work before you even get considered for a course! But it doesn't have to be midwifery related as its really difficult to get, it can be anything that shows you're kind and caring! Try your local sure start centre, community centre, old people's homes, charity shops, etc etc!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 10, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.