The Student Room Group

Help into Midwifery!!!

Hello!:tongue:

I'm 18 and I'm currently studying Level 2 BTEC Health And Social Care and obviously i know i have to go up to level 3 to even think about university.

But i know how hard Midwifery is to get into, i was just wondering whilst i'm still at a lower level, is there any way to boost my chances?
I've already ''tried'' volunteering at Kings College Hospital, but its a pain in the bum to get too and costed too much!

Many Thanks,
Aimee

xoxo
Original post by aimeeimber
Hello!:tongue:

I'm 18 and I'm currently studying Level 2 BTEC Health And Social Care and obviously i know i have to go up to level 3 to even think about university.

But i know how hard Midwifery is to get into, i was just wondering whilst i'm still at a lower level, is there any way to boost my chances?
I've already ''tried'' volunteering at Kings College Hospital, but its a pain in the bum to get too and costed too much!

Many Thanks,
Aimee

xoxo

Hi Aimee! Sorry I don't really have any useful advice to give, but I've moved your thread to another part of the forum where you're more likely to get advice. :smile:
You have to do loads of voluntary work before you even get considered for a course! But it doesn't have to be midwifery related as its really difficult to get, it can be anything that shows you're kind and caring! Try your local sure start centre, community centre, old people's homes, charity shops, etc etc! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending