Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, guys.
    So, I don't want to go on and on for ages, but since June I was diagnosed with a type of depression after attempting suicide twice.
    Since then, lives been hard, challenging and sometimes not worth it.
    But I'm still here, and I'm making this account to make new friends, and talk to people similar to myself.
    I'm friendly enough, and a good listener.
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your suicide attempts and subsequent diagnosis. :console: People on here are generally really friendly, you might find it helpful to post in the mental health support society where people with all sorts of diagnoses post and receive support from each other.

Are you currently receiving any help such as antidepressant drugs or therapy?

I can sympathize with you when you say "lives been hard, challenging and sometimes not worth it", I used to be depressed for several years and tried all sorts of things to feel better. Eventually I settled on mirtazapine (remeron) and haven't experienced a depressive episode in over a year now. So yeah, life can get better even if it feel hopeless at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmanewman)
    Hey, guys.
    So, I don't want to go on and on for ages, but since June I was diagnosed with a type of depression after attempting suicide twice.
    Since then, lives been hard, challenging and sometimes not worth it.
    But I'm still here, and I'm making this account to make new friends, and talk to people similar to myself.
    I'm friendly enough, and a good listener.
    Thanks!!
    Hi Gemma and welcome.

Well done on your decision to reach out for support and sorry to read what you you've been going through. I've also had depressive episodes although I don't actually suffer from depression, but just get depressed about my poor mental health,

See you on the society linked to by Sabretooth.

Why don't you introduce yourself, either here or over there.
    Are you at school/college/uni or maybe working or whatever.
    What are your dreams and aspirations?

Bye for now!

PS How ever low you feel, don't ever let yourself lose sight of your dreams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your suicide attempts and subsequent diagnosis. :console: People on here are generally really friendly, you might find it helpful to post in the mental health support society where people with all sorts of diagnoses post and receive support from each other.

Are you currently receiving any help such as antidepressant drugs or therapy?

I can sympathize with you when you say "lives been hard, challenging and sometimes not worth it", I used to be depressed for several years and tried all sorts of things to feel better. Eventually I settled on mirtazapine (remeron) and haven't experienced a depressive episode in over a year now. So yeah, life can get better even if it feel hopeless at the moment.

Hi, many many thanks for your reply!!
    Yeah, both actually, although right now, counseling and CBT doesn't help me at all.. but we shall see, I guess. I might be speaking too soon, but I never liked telling my problems fully to anyone.

Well, it makes me happy to hear it's been over a year since you've experienced depression!! You must feel alot better!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by los lobos marinos)
    Hi Gemma and welcome.

Well done on your decision to reach out for support and sorry to read what you you've been going through. I've also had depressive episodes although I don't actually suffer from depression, but just get depressed about my poor mental health,

See you on the society linked to by Sabretooth.

Why don't you introduce yourself, either here or over there.
    Are you at school/college/uni or maybe working or whatever.
    What are your dreams and aspirations?

Bye for now!

PS How ever low you feel, don't ever let yourself lose sight of your dreams.

Thank you very much :^_^:
    Yeah, I will do, many thanks for your advice. Me being new here and all!! I'm also sorry to hear that you go through episodes of depression, it's not nice and sometimes not worth it at all, but I'm glad to speak to you today.

ReputationRep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've had to deal with a depressed and very suicidal friend in the past, as well as one who isn't clinically diagnosed as depressed yet, but follows the same pattern. My ex was also the same.

So I can understand to some degree what you're going through. Feel free to PM anytime if something is on your mind, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Always got someone you can turn too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.