Turn on thread page Beta

Why did my boyfriend break up with me.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am muslim and got pregnant by him. He is christian. I want to abort the child as my family will never accept him. He wanted the child but broke up with me as I aborted the child. Does he not love me?

ReputationRep:
    Just because someone is male, it's probably not a good idea to assume that aborting their child will have no emotional effect on them. Even if you think that, logically speaking, it was the most appropriate thing to do, it's still possible that he'll feel that twinge of sadness every time he thinks about it, and that being with you might remind him of it too often. Sometimes, after those kinds of experiences, you want to do your best just to forget the whole thing, erase it from your memory and move on.

It also sounds like he might be a strong pro-life type of person, being religious and wanting the child despite it being "out of wedlock" etc. Perhaps this situation has demonstrated that your values and his values are very different, to the extent that a long term relationship might not even be feasible anyway.

(Just a guess, of course - none of us can really know for sure what's going on through his head.)

ReputationRep:
    He probably can't look at you without remembering that he almost had a child with you which you were happy to get rid of. That can be pretty devastating.

ReputationRep:
    Aborting your child has probably had a profound effect on him emotionally as he may have felt as though he had little/no choice in the matter and he may feel as though you've disregarded his feelings, leading to a break-up. None of us can say definitively why he broke up with you, but from what you've told us the baby could be a key reason. Talking to him is the only way you will be able to truly find out.

(Original post by zainabkhan2013)
    I am muslim and got pregnant by him. He is christian. I want to abort the child as my family will never accept him. He wanted the child but broke up with me as I aborted the child. Does he not love me?
    I love you, deeply and forever.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2013
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.