Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I want to study Economics and Management and I dont know were to apply...
    I am an EU student applying from Sweden; these are my predicted grades:

Economics HL - 7
    Business and Management HL - 7
    Swedish B HL - 7 (I am not Swedish, therefore "B")
    English A Lang Lit SL - 6
    Math SL - 7
    Environmental systems and societies SL -7
    I got predicted A in both the EE and ToK, so total points of 44/45.

I did not choose Math HL because i did not know at the time that it would be a requirement, which i deeply regret. (i know i have the capacity for math HL)

So given this weakness, which unis do you think i should apply to? what are my chances to get into these?

I know two i will definitely apply to: Bristol and Edinburgh because they accept math SL, i have 3 options left and i was thinking in the lines of say Oxford/UCL/Warwick/LSE--> they claim they require Math HL
    Which of the of these universities do you think i have a shot at?
    I know Oxford is a looong shot, but what about the other universities?

feeling very confused, i would appreciate all help i can get!
    thank you in beforehand!

ReputationRep:
    If they ask for Higher level and you've got standard then you don't meet their entry requirements - there will be plenty of other students they can pick instead who meet their requirements. If your school only offered SL and not HL you would have a decent chance as it wasn't down to you but if they do offer HL then the universities may not consider you as you didn't pick that. Maybe apply to one maximum two universities who have a HL requirement but make sure you've got options you will definitely get into.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if they require HL maths you're very unlikely to get in so I'd suggest only applying to 1 of those unis especially as they're very competitive for the course you're applying for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlofkvist)
    Hi!
    I want to study Economics and Management and I dont know were to apply...
    I am an EU student applying from Sweden; these are my predicted grades:

Economics HL - 7
    Business and Management HL - 7
    Swedish B HL - 7 (I am not Swedish, therefore "B")
    English A Lang Lit SL - 6
    Math SL - 7
    Environmental systems and societies SL -7
    I got predicted A in both the EE and ToK, so total points of 44/45.

I did not choose Math HL because i did not know at the time that it would be a requirement, which i deeply regret. (i know i have the capacity for math HL)

So given this weakness, which unis do you think i should apply to? what are my chances to get into these?

I know two i will definitely apply to: Bristol and Edinburgh because they accept math SL, i have 3 options left and i was thinking in the lines of say Oxford/UCL/Warwick/LSE--> they claim they require Math HL
    Which of the of these universities do you think i have a shot at?
    I know Oxford is a looong shot, but what about the other universities?

feeling very confused, i would appreciate all help i can get!
    thank you in beforehand!
    I would suggest calling your college admission and ask. They are really really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    You'll need HL maths for all 4 unis you're considering. So unless you decide to take A level maths alongside SL maths then you won't have a strong chance at any of them.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.