pomodoro Technique?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
sweetpink
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hi..!

i heard about pomodoro technique a few days ago and try to find it out.. but, i want to know your thought and comments about this thing..

who knows i will be liking it, right?

Tq in advance dear..

lovex
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I love using this technique! It makes revising so much easier because the chunks of 25 minutes are long enough to be productive in, but short enough that your mind doesn't wander. It's nice knowing you'll have a five minute break to do what ever you need to do - go to the loo, get a drink, check Facebook, etc.

I really recommend it.
sweetpink
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by lovex)
I love using this technique! It makes revising so much easier because the chunks of 25 minutes are long enough to be productive in, but short enough that your mind doesn't wander. It's nice knowing you'll have a five minute break to do what ever you need to do - go to the loo, get a drink, check Facebook, etc.

I really recommend it.
thanks for the recommendation!
i have downloaded some pomodoro apps like tomatoist, focus booster,etc. im still trying to know which one is better. what do you use?

but, i have one doubt.. can we read books like storybooks or novels during the 5 min breaks? because the website says that we have to do something really different.. but, storybooks and novels are books.. (which i learnt about on the previous 25 min)..

however, i really enjoy reading novels & storybooks.. its like my fav hobby! so, what do you think bout this? what do you do during the breaks? and...is this pomodoro method suitable for students like me??? my tasks are going to be about projects, homeworks, assignments, notes-making,and stuffs like that..
lovex
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sweetpink)
thanks for the recommendation!
i have downloaded some pomodoro apps like tomatoist, focus booster,etc. im still trying to know which one is better. what do you use?

but, i have one doubt.. can we read books like storybooks or novels during the 5 min breaks? because the website says that we have to do something really different.. but, storybooks and novels are books.. (which i learnt about on the previous 25 min)..

however, i really enjoy reading novels & storybooks.. its like my fav hobby! so, what do you think bout this? what do you do during the breaks? and...is this pomodoro method suitable for students like me??? my tasks are going to be about projects, homeworks, assignments, notes-making,and stuffs like that..
I use the timer on this website: http://tomato-timer.com/

Yeah I think reading books will be fine. It's about doing something that you enjoy which motivates you during the 25 minutes of work. I personally like to watch five minutes of a TV episode or a Youtube video.

Yep I'm a student too and it helped me last June in the exam period as because of the frequent breaks you don't realise how much you're getting done! I have used it for writing essays and doing other long projects, too. If you're revising, I found that doing two 25 minute chunks per subject (I have three subjects so in total six 25 minute chunks) and then taking a longer break is a good way to keep your energy and perseverance up.
Laura/
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I find the Pomadoro method particularly good to use in the times when I'm least productive, which for me is usually after lunch until three o'clock. Twenty five minutes hardly feels like any time at all so I don't find that I procrasinate starting revision as much. However, I personally find it doesn't work as well for subjects like English because once I'm in the flow of writing an essay I find taking a break causes me to lose my train of thought.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads