Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am getting tired of charging my iphone 5 at least once every day, what am I doing wrong?

I don't do much apart from use a few apps, I never text or call people, so what can be using the battery life.

I have location services turned off, and I am always on my home free wifi unless I am out.

ReputationRep:
    I have an iphone 5s and I have to do the same, happens with all iphones imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I am getting tired of charging my iphone 5 at least once every day, what am I doing wrong?

I don't do much apart from use a few apps, I never text or call people, so what can be using the battery life.

I have location services turned off, and I am always on my home free wifi unless I am out.
    Smartphones are essentially small computers, there's only a couple of high end handsets that will get through two days of use. Buying a case with an integrated battery would be the best way to get a significant increase really.

ReputationRep:
    That happens with most smartphones out there, unfortunately. Jony Ive keeps designing fancy new apps, but hasn't yet figured out a way to make them sustainable for longer than 12 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I charge mine 2 or 3 times a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to charge mine every day, but now I have a work iPad with the same charger and can charge at work I don't charge it until it's really low. It's been lasting 2-3 days. Obviously this is less with heavy use.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's normal, I have to charge mine every day, sometimes even twice a day. Have you upgraded to iOS 7? That seems to be draining people's batteries more due to the new moving wallpaper feature. If you go to Settings, General, Accessibility, Reduce Motion. Turn the 'Reduce Motion' option on and you will not be able to move the wallpaper. This will save battery.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Smartphones are essentially small computers, there's only a couple of high end handsets that will get through two days of use. Buying a case with an integrated battery would be the best way to get a significant increase really.
    Didn't know this was possible!!!

ReputationRep:
    Every smartphone I know of only lasts a day.

With regards to what's using your phone that would be cell network standby, wifi reciever and screen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Didn't know this was possible!!!
    This sort of thing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have an iPhone4 and it only seems to want charging every day and a half, or every 2 days if I use it like you are. Nevertheless I always plug it in overnight so as to endure it doesn't die at a bad time the next day. Perhaps the apps you use are battery inefficient. Or maybe iPhone5 is worse for battery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You never text or call people??? So why not get an iPod touch? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i think it is the norm for most smartphones.

ReputationRep:
    it's fairly normal for most smartphones. they do take up a lot of battery because (from what I've heard) they have powerful processors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

lower the brightness.using apps uses more battery life then texting or calling.

ReputationRep:
    Double tap the home screen button and kill the processes you don't need, turn off wifi when you don't need it.
    My iphone 4 usually makes it 2 days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 24, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.